Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,752

3 members and 2,749 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Just a heads up. I was sent a virus to my BP.net email today by two different email accounts.
    emilyday@mx78.knwent2.biz Subject line: Error
    and
    boaguy12@redtailboa.net Subject line: Hello

It was the W32.Novarg.A@mm worm.
    The BP.net email service gave this message with both:

This message was written in a character set other than your own. If it is not displayed correctly, click here to open it in a new window.

The message cannot be represented in 7-bit ASCII encoding and has been sent as a binary attachment.

Be careful when opening attachments. Luckily, my antivirus program picked it up.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Banned
    Thanks

Virus sent to me....

yo, I got that same e-mail "hello". It had a .ZIP attached that said text.zip. I didn't open it because I know better tho

Thanks
    I've gotten 4 or 5 different viruses in just the last couple of days coming in with zip or pif attachments, so I'd say this is a good time to be extra careful about not opening any attachments that you didn't request.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    my bp.net email gets weird stuff sometimes.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    My computer keep's telling me I have the Trojan Sub7 virus and to rund the test to get rid of it. Everytime I run the test's (2 different virus test's) they both say no virus' found. Get's quite irritating since both test's take over 40 minutes to complete. Luckily this virus, if it is actually working on this computer, is pretty much harmless. Just allows the jerk that sent it to me see what im doing. At least thats what I have been told.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks
    Actually, it allows him to control your computer, use it as a server, use it to send viruses or mail bombs, view what you're doing, read the contents of any file on your hard drive, corrupt the contents of your hard drive, eject your cd-rom, or just about anything he could do while sitting in front of it. If I were you I would run a Sub7 removal tool from Symantec (Norton), Panda, antivirus.com, or any other major vendor, and make sure it was off my system.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Yeah- I got a warning from my anti virus when I got on the site... and also, I checked bp email and got the same stuff as you guys. The one that came from boaguy, it must be on his puter, may want to email him and tell him, cause it is a program that auto sends to anyone in your address book, or anyone you have recently emailed. It does seem to be quite harmless, but I would be careful and keep your anti virus up to date.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    The worm u got is most likely the new one ravaging the internet... Just a piece of free advice that I keep telling my grandfather (because he infects his dell several times a week) is if you do NOT KNOW the email address do NOT open it... and even if you do, if its a title thats unusual for that person do NOT open it. I'd rather miss an email that mighta said "hey how u doin bro, haven't seen u in a while" then inefect myself with a virus.

Yes I'd go to www.symantec.com and download the updates for ur virus scanner, or if u contact me i might be able to help you as well. Drop me an email if u need anything.
    -Chris

0.1 - Columbian Redtailed Boa - Sprocket <-- now vinnimac's
    0.0.2 - Leopard Geckos - Aflack and Geico <-- LOL

Thanks
    Marla...I have AVG and Panda. They both say that no viruses have been found. But this darn Pop up keeps "Poppin" up saying that the sub7 is on my computer and to run the test to get rid of it. So I dont know what the heck is the truth, Virus - No Virus?
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks
    Hey Ironhead go to http://217.170.18.24/~rappie/index.php?pagina=welcome they have a trojan scanner that is pretty beefy. It may help you. I ran it on my puter, and it says I am clean, but, you are getting pop ups, I am not.

ALL of you- please remember to update your antivirus constantly, I dont want any of you getting this since we dont even know what it may do to your puter.

So far my puter is totally clean, but I will be checking it alot to make sure I dont get a virus.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast