Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,323

2 members and 3,321 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: The 6th most dangerous dog breed...

I have a super dangerous dog, he'd gut you and lay you out on the floor for me to see so fast it would break your neck. If you're a rabbit.

When I first met him, he was one of three pups in critical care due to parvovirus. The unrelated fluffy little puppy died within 24 hours of diagnosis, and his sister followed a couple days later. We never really expected him to pull through but we went through the motions with him anyway, doing everything we could to get him through it, from fluid injections to syringe-feeding. After a couple weeks it became obvious he was going to make it, but he had outgrown the cage he had to live in while he was sick and the muscle tone in his legs had degenerated from disuse, so he needed a temporary home after the disease had run its course to get his strength back before he could be adopted. I took him home on Mother's Day this year and I never gave him back

Here he is, helping my boyfriend clean snake cages a week after we got him.

And here he is at 9 months old hunkered down for Hurricane Sandy.

At the vet hospital where I work, we muzzle more cocker spaniels than we do pits, GSDs and dobies combined. The nastiest dog bite I've seen so far came from a jack russell. The difference is purely perception. We'll have owners come in and tell us that they think we should muzzle their Rottie "for safety" and do the exam just fine without one, but another gets offended when their Yorkie snaps at the doctor and gets a nose-cone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SaintTawny For This Useful Post:

SlitherinSisters (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts
    My personally kill dog is a mix, but shes the sweetest thing ever. Her back story is that back in Texas she, her brother and sisters, and mom were dumped on the side of the road with a bag of dog food. Some how they found their way to a GSD rescue in Jenks, Oklahoma. We went there with the intention of adopting a little boy but fell in love with miss Kyriss (Kai-Riss) and have had her since she was about four months old.

I finally got her to sit still for this picture.

But that picture doesn't show the mix in her, this next one does.

Shes almost two years old now and her tail is as curly as ever. We think shes a GSD x Shiba Inu mix, but haven't had her blood tested yet.

Shes just the prettiest dog too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodieh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Here is my GSD!!! We love her so much!

Hope you enjoyed!!!

1.0 - Spider
    1.0 - Pastel, Het Orange Ghost
    0.1 - Pastel, Het Orange Ghost
    0.1 - Mojave
    0.1 - Pinstripe

0.1 - German Shepherd (Kahlua)

1.1.0 Dendrobates Tinctorius “Azureus”
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Auratus "El Cope"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JustinAskin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hahaah that last picture! <3

Reach for the stars, and if you don't grab them at least you'll fall on top of the world.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CatandDiallo For This Useful Post:

JustinAskin (11-22-2012)

Thanks

Re: The 6th most dangerous dog breed...

Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    Im just saying, look up a real APBT and then look at Daddy, he is for sure an American Bully. So is his new blue dog, both American Bullies.. probably why they dont get into fights in his yard.
    AmBully are bred for less dog aggression and prey drive and more geared towards pretty house pets, like Chihuahua's..

"red nose" American Bully

GR CH XI Bronson "red nose" APBT

Plus wasnt Daddy some rappers dog? They never have real APBTs lol
    um This is a registered APBT.

She can’t compete in the APBT ring as she doesn’t fit the breed standard. She can show in a UKC ring though. She is actually more of an American Bully. She just turned one and is 85-90lbs and hasnt begun to weight train
    There are basically 3 common types of Pit Bulls.
    American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier and Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Actually even American Bull dogs fit into the group as well as a few others.
    The only difference in the Bully breed is the actual size. They all have the same temperament. They all have a high prey drive and a natural want to fight other dogs. They are ALL thick headed and need STRONG leadership or they will walk all over you. The BIGGEST and MOST important thing they need is early and regular socialization and leadership. If they are not properly socialized they WILL become dog aggressive.
    Lotsa Balls and more

http://www.tessadasexotics.com/

Thanks
    My big meanie! APBT Zeus.. Had his boy since he was 8 wks and he's still a big baby at 9 years. He's my buddy! Couldn't ask for a better dog..
    Love them all! Every single dog can be horrible in the wrong hands and without proper training.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com

Thanks

Emma my APBT I got her when she was four she's a rescued fighting dog when I got her she was a sad dog and I was freshly clean and sober these last four years has been good to both of us and I'm glad to have her with for it all shes my best buddy
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Registered User AnimaculeCracker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Some people are so weird about large dogs. My parents got me a Great Pyrenees pup when I was pretty young, and we grew up together so I guess I'm just used to dogs being as big as I am or more. It's the little ones that creep me out. I feel like they all have Napoleonic complexes and just SCREAM at you. I have a hard time remembering they're dogs sometimes. Anything littler than a Corgie? No thanks.

This is Oryx, she's just 100 lbs of 8 year old love. She was a rescue so I don't know the mix exactly, but she's obviously Great Pyrenees, probably with a bit of Malamute or Siberian thrown in too (prettiest blue eyes you ever did see. amIright? She likes to hang with strangers, so it makes me sad when I take her out and people get scared of her sniffs.

Thanks
    Because small dogs aren't real dogs...

0.0.1 Normal (Ares), 0.2 Afrian Pygmy Hedgehog (Amelia & Aly), 0.1 Pomeranian (Adrian)

Registered User AnimaculeCracker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Complete truth. They're just funny looking cats with generally bad temperaments

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast