Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,107

4 members and 3,103 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: Hard decision

Ohio but looking to relocate grrrr new laws!
    Thanks

Hard decision

3 days ago I went to get my 1st bell albino out to clean his cage and he had a seizure. I had hoped that he would recover and go on with a fairly normal life. He was not so lucky. I did all the home work I could to see what could be done and sadly the worse has come to be. He has progressed to seize everytime I try to pick him up and he can barely lift his head for hours afterwards and takes almost a full day before he starts walking (not very well). Im so sad that I will have to have him put down tommorrow. idk what to say or do other than not let him suffer and starve to death. it makes me ugh idk what it makes me but it is the toughest decision i've had to make in quite some time. I think its only fair to him not to suffer. but it seems so cold and heartless even if the vet says its the only thing we can do. people know that inbreeding can cause this and yet they still continue to do it. it just isnt fair to the animals let alone the people that pay good money to have an adorable unusual pet just to watch it suffer and die. well thanks for letting me vent.

Thanks

Unhappy

I'm so sorry to hear about this, hon. I can only imagine the pain you must be going through.

Unfortunately, given the situation, putting him down is the kindest thing to do. It's never, ever easy to say goodbye to a beloved pet, but the only other option leaves him in pain. :/

So sorry to hear about your loss... Best of luck for the future!
    Crested Geckos: 3.4.5
    1.0 Het Albino Normal - "Reznor"
    1.0 Pastel - "Deimos"
    1.0 Spider - "Laufey"
    1.0 Bumblebee - "Loki"

Current Mood:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Reznor For This Useful Post:

BFE Pets (06-22-2012)