Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,049

0 members and 3,049 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Just curious I saw one review here for it but wasnt sure if it was a good substrate for BP,s.

Bed-a-Beast good or bad?

I've heard good things about it, but I've never used it personally. I'm a newspaper/paper towels guy myself.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i use repti-carpet but i've heard good things.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizill
    i use repti-carpet but i've heard good things.
    I used carpet a few years back and man, I'll never use that stuff again, lol. I'm not bashing you Will, just saying my piece.....the carpet holds bacteria very easily and unless you clean it VERY well with a bleach solution, it will always harbor little nasties in it from the fecal matter/urates expelled by your snake. Plus its expensive and you have to have several pieces on hand so you can switch them out while cleaning one......too much of a hassle for me, lol.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Newspaper here as well. It's cheap (especially since we subscribe to it anyway), easy to use, and easy to clean. When it's time to clean the enclosure, I just pick up the snake, remove any hides and dishes atop the paper, then just roll/wad the paper up and toss it. Lay out a few layers of fresh newspaper (aged for several days to help eliminate any processing odor), replace the hides and dishes, and everything's ready to go. It's also pretty easy to layer a little thicker if need be to help "buffer" the heat from a UTH.
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

Thanks
    Ditto on what Hoomi said. Newspaper ain't pretty, but it's easy to manage, clean up, find anywhere, and adjust your thickness as needed. But if I had a display tank I'd probably go with cypress mulch.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Quote Originally Posted by Marla
    Ditto on what Hoomi said. Newspaper ain't pretty, but it's easy to manage, clean up, find anywhere, and adjust your thickness as needed. But if I had a display tank I'd probably go with cypress mulch.
    Ditto.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    you're right about the carpet david, i'm thinking about giving it up for a different reason though... everytime i go to get one of my snakes out, the belly scales get caught on it. but the cleaning thing isn't a big deal, i keep extra pieces handy and wash mine in the washing machine. of course i have to iron it back out, but it works.
    -Will

Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Newspaper all the way!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    lol i'm leaning back towards it Danny. I only used the carpet because it was a christmas present.
    -Will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast