Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,932

2 members and 2,930 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Just wondering.

Thanks
    One of my bps used to have a pink belly. The breeders that I got him from breed for morphs and they kept him until he was 1 making sure that he wasnt going to turn into anything. They said that hes always had a pink belly but everytime he sheds it seems to get more and more of a pale pink. Im just wondering if anyone has any clue whats up with that.

Thanks ,
    -Jamie

I've noticed this is alot of my snakes as well....although I cannot explain exactly why it happens.

Thanks
    I know that my BP's belly turns a pinkish tint before he sheds.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    if its a constant pink then it could be a birth defect. and if its fading, perhaps it fades just like birth marks do on humans. just a thought. if it isnt always pink, its probably just preshed. before they even go blue their bellies get pink. sometimes more pink then others.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    All of mine get a pink belly about a week before they go in the blue to shed. One of them ALWAYS turns this insane pink, I am always afraid his belly is getting burned; but that's just how he is. I personally have never heard of it always being like that; but ball pythons are weird, and it could quite possibly be a genetic link to something. The only way to tell is to prove it out.

Jennifer

Its definitely not a genetic morph or anything.....I have observed this in several different species, not only in ball pythons. Its just a thing that happens before they shed, just like their eyes turning blue.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    jamie siad that it was always pink. i doubt the snake was constantly in shed. so it very well could be a genetic thing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Peanut retains a pinkish tint AFTER shed, and it slowly fades away till' the next shed.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Seymour (my roomie's new bp) has a yellow belly. His sibling that was with him at the show did as well, but Seymour had cleaner belly lines. I've been reading that it may be a dominant trait and/or a visible sign of being het for something (snow, blizzard, or leucy, I forget which). I think the dominant trait is more likely because he was cbb as a poss pied het and I think the breeder would have discovered by now if he had a whitesnake line running in his collection. He did have a clutch sib who was 95%+ white piebald, though.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Hmmm. Well I dont know. It might be just a birth defect like DavidBeard said. Oh well no big deal. I was just a little curious .

-Jamie