Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,075

3 members and 3,072 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which one?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    didn't you just get your bp?
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Yes, you can. Here's how: BCI's have 253 ventral scales or less, 55-79 in the midbody and 21 or more dorsal blotches. BCC's have 234-250 ventral scales, 89-95 midbody scale rows and less than 20 dorsal blotches. The easiest way is count the dorsal blotches, this is the area between the neck and the area above the vent. Also, BCC's have a more bold, "red", crisp pattern on the tails. However, now in days it might be hard to distinguish the two since people are breeding BCI's with BCC's. If you want to be sure on what your getting, your best bet is to buy from a reputable breeder. May I also suggest getting a Santa Isabela Boa, they don't get big at all, are even tempered and in my opinion are beautiful. Jerry Conway is the man when it comes to this particular species, here's his site http://www.kingsnake.com/candoia/ hope this helps.

Thanks
    My post is a response to the following question "So, what is the best way to tell a BCI apart from a BCC while they are neonates? Or can you?", just to set it straight.

Yeah, thats basically it. BCCs can get over 10 feet and are much more temperamental than BCIS...not a good combo if you ask me, lol. They are gorgeous snakes, but their husbandry is quite a bit harder than BCIS as well.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    cool, thanks for that explaination Danny.
    -Will

Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizill
    cool, thanks for that explaination Danny.
    NP, I'm always glad to help but sometimes my help isn't wanted for the fact that not everybody agrees with my comments. No biggie tough but yeah I'm alaways glad to help anybody.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    everybody does things their own way. there are 100's of things i do that nobody at all agrees with. don't ever feel like you can't post your opinion.
    -Will

Candoia are not very good for a first boa....they may stay small, but can be very problematic feeders. Candoia aspera (Viper Boas) are generally the best eaters, but they are also very aggressive. 99% of the Candoia in the hobby are WC and full of parasites. Not a good venture for a first boa if you ask me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBeard
    Candoia are not very good for a first boa....they may stay small, but can be very problematic feeders. Candoia aspera (Viper Boas) are generally the best eaters, but they are also very aggressive. 99% of the Candoia in the hobby are WC and full of parasites. Not a good venture for a first boa if you ask me.
    That's why I mentioned Jerry, he has babies that are established eaters and are bred by him not WC. I didn't mention Viper Boas for the fact that you mentioned but thanks for the input.

Yeah, Jerry's snakes are the exception not the rule. He has some good stuff.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast