Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,816

1 members and 2,815 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: Feeding

Thanks
    Ok, I am breeding mice for my new BP... I have bred mice before but not for feeding purposes. I was wondering if it makes a difference if i keep the mice in the same room as my BP. Can she still smell them from the other side of the room? Its a big room but it seems that since i have had the mice in the same room with her she is way more active and exploring. She is a little fiesty with me as well when i handle her. Should i keep my breeding mice cages in another room?

Thanks
    Also, I have only had her about a week... I am clueless on names so if anyone can give me some ideas that would be great,. Thank you...

Thanks
    one more, thing, i am gonna feed her live since she is used to that, her feeding schedule is tuesday.... They told me to feed her outside of her tank, like in a box.. Should I? Or just put the hopper in her terrarium? It is a live....

Thanks
    I would definitely feed her in a box and work on switching her over from live. Also, keeping the prey as far away from the predator as you can is a good idea for both of them. As for names, I'd just avoid Monty because it seems to be the most common name.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    In the past, I tried to breed mice too for feeders. I kept the mice in the same room w/all my critters and I didn't have any luck at all getting them to reproduce and I've had luck before doing this (but not when I had snakes)

Someone suggested to me that the mice could smell the snakes and it was stressing them out to the point that they couldn't produce.

And Marla's right.. Get her off of live. For the snakes safety.

Food for thought.
    Chance Favors the Prepared Mind

http://www.four-feathers-photography.com

Thanks
    I have taken "MONTY" :lol: Into the room that I have my mice and I believe he deffinetly can tell they are in the room. He get's very restless and the ole tounge dart's in out like a recoil of a machine gun.

As for feeding live or f/t, it is safer to feed f/t if it will switch over, but I still feed live. If you do continue to feed live just make sure that you monitor the feeding process to make sure everything goes right and that you are able to intervene if necessary.

Also it is more preferable to feed it in a seperate box, but again, I remove everything from his tank and lay news paper down over the substrate and have never had a problem.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks
    Ironhead, i know yours is Monty, and it's a perfectly good name (that both my kids suggested for Snyder, by the way). It's just become so common. On the other hand, it's not like they'll all be in the same classroom confusing a teacher or something.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!