Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,966

5 members and 2,961 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Thanks

Envolve chat system?

Have you guys thought of using the Envolve chat system instead of the chatbox you currently have in use? IMO I find the chatbox intrusive as you cannot minimize it and it doesn't really have a good appearance to it or a convenient location on the page. On other sites I have admin'd for I have used Envolve. It allows mods to create a default public chat room, but then also allows members to have private chats or even create other public chats. It allows your mods the ability to keep record of the Public chats so that you can moderate, but keeps the private chats secure on the envolve servers. Anyway what I really like is that it is minimizable, yet is easily accessible on any page regardless of where you are scrolled to on the page. Their free account allows for 25 simultanious chatters which I have found is about right even for large sites. Anyway thought it was worth you guys checking out. It is really easy to install and remove. Here is the link: https://www.envolve.com/

Thanks
    It's nice. I'll look into it - although I'm curious what happens when you hit 25 users and 26+ are trying to get on.

Do they get a "can't log on" notice, or do we automatically get charged for the service?

And I agree, the chatbox we have now isn't all that great. But, the other options weren't available at last upgrade (which has been some time ago now) - but there are a few options that are supported for this next upgrade. We'll definitely experiment and see what everyone prefers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    What happened to the chat? Is there no chat or is it just that I don't see it?
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Not back *yet*

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nate For This Useful Post:

wolfy-hound (06-25-2012)