Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,209

0 members and 3,209 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: please help

Thanks
    hi i have my male and female in a 4x2x2 massive tank my male just is soo hard to feed my female you dont have to ask twice but my male wasnt feeding for 4 weeks so i was given advice by a breeder to put the fuzzie in warm water for five minutes then try him which he took straight away he took a feed for about 3 weeks then i tried him on a small mouse which he took backwards but ever since then he just isnt interested at all in fuzzies or mice pulling my hair out now as there is a good size diference between them and they are both the same age around 8 months i think my female is eating weiner rats and my male well as you know is on nothing

Thanks

please help

Hi Graham,

If you are that worried, maybe you should do what I did, take him to the vet and have him checked out. My male has been off feed for 6 weeks, I had him checked out to make sure nothing was wrong, the vet said he is fine. Bp's sometimes go off feed for the winter. Not to worry, he will eat when he is ready.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Wiener rats?!?! LMAO......I think you meant weanling. Thats too funny!

Its not uncommon for BPs to fast for long periods of time with no harm to the animal. I house all of my BPs individually, that way I don't have to worry about them stressing each other out.....it may sound funny, but you can give them too big of a cage and this can stress them out as well. BPs are shy, seclusive snakes and are easily stressed by things like this.

Thanks
    Yeah, my 6 month old hasn't been eating for the past 3 weeks. She scooped a mouse up within 2 min one week, and then the next week she acted like she was afraid of it. She seemed interested but then she'd get close and he'd move, and she'd shy away from it. I tried stunning/killing it, and she came over, looked at it for a moment, and left. *shrug* Picky picky. =) Same thing happened last week. 3rd time's a charm maybe? =)

Emily

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I think as long as your snake isn't loosing mass amounts of weight or muscle loss then not feeding for 8 weeks is not a big deal especially if its around 6-8 months and older
    if its younger you may have to watch the snake a little closer

if you wanna try and get it to feed again try making your heat and hummidity a little higher and make its light cycle a little longer that may "trick" the snake into thinking its summer
    Girlfriend: Your room smells like reptile!!!
    Me: Are you saying my balls smell??