Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,147

2 members and 3,145 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Hi all well my baby Jade had got the case of Mites! wierd this is she didnt have any when i frist got her and she had her third time feeding and all of the sudden i found her in her tub soaking which was wierd so i looked closely and saw Mites!! nasty little critters. So i acted Quick and Soaked Jade in a bigger tub after a coulp of hours i looked and there where some dead. And i took action and cleaned everything. Well the next day i stayed close by her and guess what they was goen!! yay I have cleaned her quaters everyday for the last week making sure they are gone.But what gets me is Where do they come from? Is it from there meal? Jade only eatslive mice she wont touch anything dead. Only live. Well i was wondering do mites come from the live mice? Cuase she got the mites right after her dinner. If any one has some info be glad to hear it...Jade is doing Great and is happy that i got rid of them so fast...

Thanks
    What happened was most likely that whoever you got her from soaked her and killed the adults, then you brought her home and in the 3 or 4 weeks you had her, the eggs hatched and then the babies got big enough to see. Unless you have another reptile in your house with mites or have been handling other reptiles with mites and bringing them home, this is what happened. You need to treat the infestation thoroughly to get rid of them, and most people will suggest using Black Knight or Provent-a-mite to kill the eggs as well as hatchlings and adults.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Yes, I'm almost 100% percent sure that they came from that rodent. You might wanna buy some pest strips cause mites lay eggs. Some people use Black Knight or Provent something I forgot but I've always had excellent results with pest strips. Just follow the directions on the back. People say that it's hazardous to the snake but Black Knight and that other spray are just as hazardous if not used correctly. Whatever you decide to use, follow the directions carefully.

Banned
    Thanks
    http://ball-pythons.net/modules.php?...rtid=24&page=1 ---lemme know if that helps.

They usually get them from the pet store by being with others, or if they are wc. It's possible you just didn't notice?

Thanks
    Jade is the only reptile i have i tryed to look for Black Knight but where i live they dont carry that in the hard wear store. But i bought a mite killer from the pet shop and it happend to help alot i cleaned everything very good and so far good she i havent seen none but im still being very carefull i will have some pics soo posted here. thanks For the advice....

Thanks
    BlackKnight seems to be something you can only buy online or at reptile shows unless you're lucky. I hope the mite killer you bought was good for reptiles. Definitely watch for them to come back. If you see any more and aren't sure about your mite killer, you can soak the snake and clean the enclosure every day for a couple of weeks and you'll eventually be able to drown the hatchlings before they can lay eggs.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Take a look at this: http://www.proexotics.com/FAQ_answer..._of_mites.html

That will help you get rid of the mites thoroughly. I can almost guarantee you they are not all gone, the process of getting rid of them must be a thorough one. I recommend Black Knight spray. You cannot find it in any pet store or hardware store; it must be purchased online. The URL I gave you also is the website that you can purchase Black Knight from. It's $20 plus shipping for a 12oz can. Here is the URL to purchase it: http://proexotics.com/supplies.html scroll down, it's in there.

Good luck with those nasty critters.
    Jennifer