So I think I will be shipping my 1st reptile soon. I've had plenty delivered to me but never sent one of my babies out into the world before. I've been trying to sell my animals locally, but I'm getting quite a few requests from other parts of the country, so it looks like I need to bite the bullet and jump on the shipping bandwagon. I just have a few questions:

I'm reading through the SYR FAQ (like the double acronyms there??), and they recommend no heat pack when shipping in weather between 70-92 degrees. Also, they say to leave your heat pack out for 2 hours prior to packaging. Is this the practice that most of you follow?

Down in the label section, they say to use self-adhesive labels or a label pouch. I ordered my supplies from TSK, so I don't know if my boxes will come with a label pouch or not. Where do I get one of these? Can I just print the label on regular paper and then use clear packing tape to adhere it to the box? I've done this for non-animal shipments before. I'm always careful to cover the entire label with tape (it's clear).

What's your preference for deli cups vs. bags? What species would you absolutely not use a bag for?

When deciding where and WHEN to drop off my package, am I going by the times for "Latest Express Drop Off?"

Thanks in advance for the help guys! (To those of you who have shipped to me--I was super pleased with your packing and shipping procedures, but for the life of me cannot remember right now how the box was packaged. I was mostly interested in getting at the snake inside!! LOL)