Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,069

0 members and 3,069 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Andariel's big adventure... to the vet.

Just wondering if anyone has any weird behaviors from their snakes to share?

My BP is a quirky one at times. He will only accept FT if they are thawed and warmed to 108 degrees or more. I've experimented and anything less won't do.

He also goes 'potty' in the same spot every time. It's one of his hides that looks like a tree stump. It's funny because he will go in there, situate himself so that his head is sticking out the front hole and then do his business and leave.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with a character.

Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Mine all have weird traits about them. Things like what you mentioned (well, not the peeing part, they seem to just pee wherever, lol).. but let's see.. Well, 3 of them are active at night RIGHT after they ate. I'm like "dude, go to sleep, go digest!!" LOL, then the other's won't come out of their hides for 3 days. Weirdo's... I'll try to think of other "quirks"..

Thanks
    I dont know if this is normal or a quirk.
    He sits in his hide with just his nose sticking out then every 15 mins or so he will slowly slide his head/neck out about 4-5" look to the left and look to the right then slowly pull his head back in then rest his head with just his nose out
    Almost like he is on guard duty or just nosey
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I've seen mine do that before, as well, Jotay I think it's cute..

Thanks
    I know that's how the little fella stole my heart
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    How cute!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    I don't know if this counts as a quirk, but Snyder loves her bath once the lid is down. She swims and bobs and glides all over the place, but if the lid is open, she just stares at me like, "Can't a girl get some privacy"
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Late at night when I'm playing games on my computer or doing work, my snake will come out and wrap around a branch facing me. He'll just rest his head and stare at me.

He NEVER uses that branch other then when I'm at my computer. And he's always staring.. just staring..

When I leave he goes back to roaming around or basking.

When I go to open the cage, he'll crawl out from his hide and stick his neck straight up. Most of the time he won't even look my way, just stick his neck up about 4 inches and wait to be picked up. Its weird, I love it, but weird.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    haha, your snake sounds just like peanut tray.

sounds like you have a lovely little bp...
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    My big female Trinity seems to be able to tell when I have come home from the reptile store with her feeders.As soon as I set foot in my bedroom she will emerge from her hide and it actually seems like she has an anxious air to her...if I come in the bedroom WITHOUT the box of feeders she totally ignores me and remains asleep.I have to tell her "easy,girl - let me get my jacket off first!!! " and then I will toss a mouse or rat to its doom and she nails it immediately.These snakes are definitely quirky and full of personality beyond what a non snake keeper would believe.Everybody thinks snakes are stupid and robotic but they are NOT!!! at least not Ball Pythons.I have also heard that King Cobras display high intelligence as well so I can see that some snakes are functioning on a much higher level than we might suspect.
    EyeLashViper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast