Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,967

1 members and 2,966 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    I'm a nervous wreck right now. I was downstairs and heard some thrashing and thumping going on. I came upstairs to find my baby python strangling on a piece of equipment that I had purchased to help monitor his temps and humidity. His head was pinned on top of the thickest with of his body in the stand that props it up. I tried with all my might, without trying to hurt him even more, to remove him from it. Of course he was in a panic and was stiffing up and I couldn't not remove it for the life of me because he was wedge in there tightly. I ran to the too box and got something to cut it off and he was free. He laid not breathing and I put a straw to his mouth and breathe softly into the straw until he started breathing again. He was gasping for air and making a loud sound. It's hard to describe the sound but sounded somewhat like a cobination of a cough and a sneeze from a human. It was so loud it could be heard in another room. I called the vet and rushed him there as quickly as I could. We don't know the prognosis yet and I'm terrified. I too a pic so you could better understand what I'm talking about. The smaller piece in the stand that I had to cut off. As you can see it's extremely small. If any of you are useing this gadget and have small snakes, please please please remove it immeadiatly. I wanted to share this with you for several reason. One, because I know how much you care for your own snakes and you're all wonderful people. Two, because I need your prayers.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Hidden Danger...Please Read

oh my god, thump im so sorry. that is incredibly sad. you and your snake will be in my prayers tonight.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    oh, and definitely let us know as soon as you hear something...
    -Will

Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh my, please tell us what the vet says. Is he there overnight?

Thanks
    Thank you Will and Emroul for the kind words Yes, he is staying overnight, the vet made me come home and promised that he would do everything in his power to save him. He was sweet enough to call his wife to come take me home because there was no way I was in any shape to drive. He even had an assistant drive my car home so I can drive back first thing in the morning. I can't stop thinking about what happen. The vet said my quick thinking may have helped save his life, so I do feel somewhat better that I did all the right thing. When I came home, I took out my other snakes and just held them and cried. It's overwhelming to me as I type this, how much they mean to me. I always knew that I loved them, but damn, I had no idea how much.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh, please do let us know if the little one gets home okay. I'm sure he'll make it through the night, these are hardy little guys we're talking about! I know exactly how you feel about loving them, and you are a very kind person to announce this so others know about cords and other little "hidden dangers". You are surely going to save health risks and complications in the future, if that makes you feel a tad bit better.

PLEASE keep us posted. =)

Thanks
    awwwwww.... hope ur lil one is alright!

-Chris
    -Chris

0.1 - Columbian Redtailed Boa - Sprocket <-- now vinnimac's
    0.0.2 - Leopard Geckos - Aflack and Geico <-- LOL

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    this thread made me think, a lot... and you know, if this were to happen to one of my snakes, i'm not quite sure how i would react. i care about them so much, probably a little too much. there's just something so rewarding about keeping a snake as a pet. the fact that it relies on you 100% to live just gives you that extra sense of pride and joy everytime you look in their cage. again, i want to wish you and your snake the best thump. i really feel for you.
    -Will

Thanks

Where did he come from?

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share some news that I got this morning concerning my baby. He made it through the night, but was not out of the woods yet. The vet said that he vomited blood on three occasions and was not active at all until this morning when I showed up at 6 am and he heard my voice and move towards the front of the cage like he always does when I start talking to him at home. I was thrilled to say the least. We notice that when he moved the bottom half of he seem to drag along like it didn't belong to him and that his tail has been curled upwards since I brought him in. He only does that when he is about to poop, so the vet is a bit concerned about that. He said he gave him something last night to make him comfortable and to keep him still until he can access his internal injuries today. He seemed to be breathing better after getting some oxyogen, so that's a good sign. He didn't curl into a ball as he normally does when sleeping, vet said that is probably due to being extremly sore and he can breathe better that way. I returned home to await his call at 10 am. I'll then know if I can bring him home or if he has to stay or be put down. Thanks again Will, Emorul and Andariel for your kind words, they gave me much comfort during my sleepless night and are very much appreciate.

PS. He has not been named since I got him, but the vet said he's a fighter... so..I decided to name him Champ. Hopefully he is not a she, but even so... I will forever call it Champ.

Thank you
    Thump

Thanks

Name

I really hope that it gets well, seriously. I hate it when animals get hurt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast