Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,985

1 members and 2,984 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    How exactly do you jailbreak it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks

Re: Anyone what phone upgrade thread

Depends. Check on the iOS version. Then google the number then jailbreak. A tethered jailbreak is fine if you don't turn your phone off or let it die. This type of jailbreak only works until the phone loses power. If you think it might, wait for/use an untethered jailbreak. These stay with the phone even when it turns off. I'd recommend using a client like GreenPoison or the like. I find the iPhone Dev Team's *pwn client to be hard to use.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm not that technologically advanced so lemme see if I understand a tethered jailbreak I can do by just googling the iOS on the phone itself? And a untethered requires software...? Sorry for sounding stupid.

Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinb View Post
    I'm not that technologically advanced so lemme see if I understand a tethered jailbreak I can do by just googling the iOS on the phone itself? And a untethered requires software...? Sorry for sounding stupid.

Tethered or not you need to do both on a pc or Mac. With tethered you need to boot your phone with a computer if it shuts off. Untethered is the way to cause there is no worry of shutting the phone down. If you're interested in it check google sinfuliphone, it's a forum that will teach you anything you want to know about jailbreaking and what you can do after.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm just worried about breaking my brand new phone. Haha

Country Born Exotics

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Re: Anyone what phone upgrade thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sky1982 View Post
    Honestly you can't mess an iPhone up by jailbreaking it. If anything ever happened to it you simply just restore the phone and after restoring the jailbreak is undetectable by apple. Jailbreaking or not, something can always happen to the phones (freezing, bricked etc.) so just be sure to back it up every so often.
    Thats sweet i actually didnt know that. I mean it makes sense but i just figured they would always have some way of knowing if you did or not lol.
    Then again ive had my iphone for a year and a half and havent ever had any problems so i should just do it lol.

Kevin- If youre not sure how to do it look up how to do it on youtube. If you still dont feel confident doing it then at least wait until you come back from florida to mess around with it lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123