Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,917

2 members and 2,915 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Anyone what phone upgrade thread

I know there are plenty of these out there, but I have a specific need in a phone and I'm trying to find the right one. I have at&t and am ready for an upgrade, which I'm greatful for since my phone now has recently been spazzing out more than usual.

My main need in a phone is good texting and speedy/super reliable internet. I don't call or talk much and I hardly use any apps. I need it soon as I'm heading to florida on the 23rd and need it to communicate with my other party members on the trip. I have been looking seriously into the iphone 4s as my sisters bf has a 4 and the speed and reliable internet is top notch over my samsung captivate. He can have 1 bar and still watch a 10min youtube video where as I need full bars and wifi for that. I have heard though that they can break easily and that worries me as I don't have the $50-80 for a otterbox or lifeguard case at the moment. The phone would already be $199 with my upgrade discount and I need all the money I can for the trip.

So if anyone can shed some light on a good phone for my needs or backup the iphone please do.

Once again AT&T phones only.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Also its supposed to say "another" not anybody. If mods could change please.

Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts
    I've had every iPhone model except the 3G, I have yet to be disappointed with any of them.

I dropped my iPhone 4 off a balcony, and the only damage was a chip in the corner (which didn't effect usability at all) The 3G and 3Gs with their plastic shells were far more fragile than the 4/4s... it's a no brainer to me.
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanks for the backup. Id like a few more comments before I make a decision.

Country Born Exotics

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    i have the iphone 4 and will most likely get the 4s when im due for my upgrade this october. There is a stainless steel band around the edge of the phone so if you drop it on its side like that then it should protect it pretty well. I like the weight/feel of it better than other phones ive held. I think the back of it is like glass or something but either way it feels much more heavier duty than the plastic other phones use. (aaron will probably know what its made of haha^?) Its speed is very fast and ive pretty much had service everywhere ive went. Ive even gotten service all the way up into upstate VT and on the whole way to PA when i went there. I use the Google Map/GPS feature on it alot and the maps always load nice and quickly for me. Which is good bc theres some places ive been that i dont wanna ever get lost in lol.

I would highly reccommend it. The only thing i wish it had was a slightly bigger screen. Not for watching movies or stuff but bc i have big, chubby sausage fingers that sometimes dont hit the right letters when texting lol.

Thanks
    It's called Gorilla Glass, a special high strength/scratch resistant type of glass.

Mike then you will be happy chances are the next iPhone will have a larger screen. leaked parts seem to point towards a phone that is the same width, but taller to accommodate a 4 inch diagonal screen.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/05/29/...cetime-camera/
    ~Aaron

Thanks
    I am going to pick up my new EVO from sprint tomorrow! The "one x" from at&t is nearly identical. The existing iphones have never worked for me because of the size of my hands. My brother has had all of the iphones and they have been great, but i just can't type on them! The one x and EVO have a 4.7" screen which is a huge plus for me!
    5.3 normals, 3.1 mojave, 2.4 pastels, 1.0 yellow belly, 1.1 cinnamon, 1.1 het pied, 1.0 pastel/yellowbelly
    Also: Burmese, Retic, RTBs, kenyans, dumerils, hognose, corns, milk, king, uromastyx, leopard geckos, bearded dragons, dart frogs, tortoises, tarantulas, cockatiels, reef tanks, dogs, cats, chickens, goat, rats and???

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Re: Anyone what phone upgrade thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Serpent Merchant View Post
    It's called Gorilla Glass, a special high strength/scratch resistant type of glass.

Mike then you will be happy chances are the next iPhone will have a larger screen. leaked parts seem to point towards a phone that is the same width, but taller to accommodate a 4 inch diagonal screen.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/05/29/...cetime-camera/
    sweet! do you know when its supposed to come out? hopefully by Oct.

If you look at the 1st pic the bottom where you plug in the USB cable to charge it looks like it has a different shape to it. Looks alot smaller or am i seeing something wrong?

Registered User Taxiballbreeder's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 4S all the way. I have had several smart phones and by far apple has their act together. I will say I love this phone. I will never get anything but apple products from now on. Ya , It is that great. I have a workshop that I am in constantly and as far as abuse I'm the perfect test subject. I am dropping the darn thing all the time and never had a problem with it breaking my fiancé did get me a very cool camo by the way otter box which I do recommend highly also. Oh and thru a tecky friend they are to enlarge the screen down the road a bit but for now it's really not that bad of a screen. I use it daily for this site and you tube with no problems. Hope it helps a bit in your decision.
    A

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    sweet! do you know when its supposed to come out? hopefully by Oct.

If you look at the 1st pic the bottom where you plug in the USB cable to charge it looks like it has a different shape to it. Looks alot smaller or am i seeing something wrong?
    it has been rumored for a while now that apple will make the dock connector smaller so they can make thinner phones. My guess is that they will be using their thunderbolt protocol which will make syncing much faster if your computer has thunderbolt ports... if not everything is backwards compatible.
    ~Aaron

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast