I posted this in the caging section but it's really more of a husbandry question and I figured it might get answered here quicker, so here goes:

I went over to the dark side last night. I was so tempted by the rack plans I was looking at and the plan linked above [see my thread in caging] that I went and bought a Sterilite drawer setup. It has 4 drawers, 2 deep and 2 shallow, and there's room under the bottom one for a human heat pad and under the others for flexwatt. I rearranged the drawers so that the deep ones are top and bottom with the shallow in the middle, because I feel like that creates a heat trap better and because it would protect a climbing snake from getting burned. I wasn't sure how well a snake would be able to push out the front of the drawer just enough to slither out, so I added velcro on both sides for security.

It's definitely holding humidity better than the aquarium, but I'm a little concerned about the temperature. On the warm side on top of the substrate (newspaper) it was about 85F. I don't want to cut up the top and add a light because I think that would mess with my humidity and boost the temp too high, not to mention I think Snyder would be happier without it. Is 85F okay, or do I really need to get it up another couple of degrees? If so, how would you do it?