Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,836

1 members and 2,835 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: New snakes

Thanks
    Hey I happened to stumble across your site and liked what I saw, so here I am. I currently have two ball pythons. One's name is Hershey.. She is still a little baby and is fighting pneumoina.
    The other one (is still unnamed) is supposed to be a female and she is about 2 1/2- 3 feet long. She was kept in a cage with WC pythons and is a little beat up (had a few ticks). I am hoping this goes away with sheds. But the pythons are in a better home than they were kept.. So hopefully both will improve. Both have an awsome attitude and are a joy to have.
    If all goes well with these two, I am thinking of picking up a 50% het for piebald male.

Thanks

New snakes

Welcome, Shadow. What are you doing for Hershey's respiratory infection? How young is she? And have you gotten rid of the ticks on the other one and dosed her for internal parasites? If not, it would be a very good idea to take a trip to the vet for that. Hope to see pics of them soon!
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Hershey is getting some injections every other day (from the vet). I would say she is 2-3 months old. She was a pet store baby with too low temps in the cage.
    The other python has gotten rid of all the ticks. I only found two on her.. I haven't taken her to the vet yet but I am going to tomorrow. Just to make she is all good and healthy.

Thanks
    I guess you have the heat and humidity all adjusted for Hershey now? If not, there are some folks here with good experience in RI that can help you tweak your setup. It sounds like you are taking really good care of your snakes. That's very good to hear. I hope the vet will dose your unnamed snake with some Panacur or something for her likely parasites. Definitely report back and let us know how they're doing.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks
    heat is 86 humidity is 50% in a 10gal tank. (Hershey's tank)
    heat is 90-95 humidity is 55% in a 50 gal tank. (unnamed snake)

I've got pics posted now

Thanks
    Sounds a little warm in the unnamed snake's cage. Do you have a cool side? If so, what is the temp there? The humidity is great for a healthy snake, but you may need to adjust it for the one with the RI -- Jennifer? David? Randy? John? Somebody else can tell you, but you may want to bump up the heat in the warm part of Hershey's cage and drop the humidity to 40% or so until She's feeling a little better. You also may want to switch to newspaper for substrate if it's not what you're using now, just until she's better.

Thanks
    Yeah, I would bump up the heat to low to mid 90's for Hershey, and lower the humidity. That will help her kick the RI a lot faster. Do you have a temperature gradient in each cage?
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Banned
    Thanks
    Go to my medical section and read my short thing about RI,

Welcome to the site!