Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,855

2 members and 2,853 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    I just got done feeding Monty Joe his meal for the week. The first mouse was struck and devoured within 3 minutes of being introduced. Ok, here is where something went wrong, I think? I put the second mouse in which he hit quickly. He struck it right behind the head. He constricted his prey as usuall and this time he did not pull out of his coil like normal, he started eating it still in a coiled position. He seemed to be having alot of trouble getting it to go down, he kept (what seemed to me) re-constricting the mouse over and over for several minutes. Im positive the mouse was dead because there was no movement at all on the mouse's part. After a while it looked like he was trying to regurgitate it. I almost reached in to pull on the tail when he went into what I would call a death roll, he started rolling in the constricting position, (Here is where I started to freak, didnt know what the H to do) :shock: Then all of a sudden he stopped, kinda stretched his neck and down went the mouse. It was almost like it was actually stuck in his throat. This all took probably a good 10 minutes.

He is out roaming around like nothing ever happend now.

Any comments on what you think might have just happend? Im stumped and hope I never see it again.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

WELCOME APOK......

One of mine has done this once. Really weird. I'm thinking it was just to get a good grip on it once more before taking it down all the way. As long as he doesn't regurge or anything, I'd say it's (kind of) normal.

Banned
    Thanks
    Could just be random bp insanity.

Thanks
    I'm sure things were a bit tense for a moment Ironhead. Glad to hear it all worked out in the end.

Thump

Thanks
    Could just be random bp insanity
    Well if it was, he fit's in perfectly with this insane household. :lol:

Normally I would have just thought that he was goofing around before eating eat, but you could tell that he was in distress (if that is possible to notice). He looked and acted like he was in pain and or trouble. At one time it actually looked like the mouse was going down sideways, had a big bulge poking torwards the outside like as if he had swallowed a bone and it went sideways instead of lengthwise. Deffinetly something I dont want to see again. But he is fine as far as I can tell so I guess all is ok.
    Guess that is what you get for playing with your food before you eat it. :lol:
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.