Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,283

3 members and 3,280 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Beginings of a new morph.

Quote Originally Posted by cmack91 View Post
    Where exactly did you get him from? Some random guy? Do you know at all what the pairing was?
    it didn't matter what the previous paring was, it looked genetic and i took the gamble, and i was right its genetic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HCC MORPHS View Post
    it didn't matter what the previous paring was, it looked genetic and i took the gamble, and i was right its genetic.
    Did it look genetic because one of the parents is a pastel?
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmack91 For This Useful Post:

moonlightgdess (05-15-2012),Slim (05-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestas View Post
    You seem it dude, You obviously thought people would think its something new and to be honest you seem rather disappointed that people think its just a pastel black back.
    that's what this site is for, to learn and be critiqued and if it indeed is a pastel black back, then they are the best darn pastel black backs i ever produced, but until proven other wise by me and not the general consensus, my opinion as to it being what i say it is, is all that matters.

but for some narrow minded individuals who assume they have a phd in herpetology and are experts in recognizing the subtle nuances between the allele's or are the leading authority on which morphs are considered to "be new", just because they have 1.0 beardie, and 1.0 lesser, rubs me the wrong way.

Thanks

Did it look genetic because one of the parents is a pastel?
    i got him from Craigslist as a part of a package deal. Some one was getting out of the hobby and i bought his stock. got as much info as i could from him and that was it. He in turn got most of his snakes from the same place i got his.

BPnet Veteran C&H Exotic Morphs's Avatar
    Thanks

i got him from Craigslist as a part of a package deal. Some one was getting out of the hobby and i bought his stock. got as much info as i could from him and that was it. He in turn got most of his snakes from the same place i got his.
    Wait so you got him off of craigslist from a guy who had gotten the same male off of craigslist originally!? And you REALLY think it is some "new" morph?
    Last edited by C&H Exotic Morphs; 05-12-2012 at 07:27 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C&H Exotic Morphs For This Useful Post:

heathers*bps (05-13-2012),meowmeowkazoo (05-13-2012),Rawbbeh (05-16-2012),Slim (05-14-2012)

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    I think it is neat and all, but I agree it is likely a genetic Black Back Pastel. Great blushing and pattern, but poor color retention.

Anything is possible, but the idea that you picked up some new Inc-Dom morph in a random Craigslist pickup is very slim. But hey, people do find Picasso's at yard sales.

I would not get bent out of shape if the consensus does not agree with you, but keep in mind the combined experience of the consensus can be measured in decades.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

Slim (05-12-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

that's what this site is for, to learn and be critiqued and if it indeed is a pastel black back, then they are the best darn pastel black backs i ever produced, but until proven other wise by me and not the general consensus, my opinion as to it being what i say it is, is all that matters.

but for some narrow minded individuals who assume they have a phd in herpetology and are experts in recognizing the subtle nuances between the allele's or are the leading authority on which morphs are considered to "be new", just because they have 1.0 beardie, and 1.0 lesser, rubs me the wrong way.

Exactly it is for what you say but why pick out someones spelling ? That is wrong just because you didn't agree with what they said.

I am pretty certain a few people on here get fed up of people rubbing them the wrong way too but they don't go attacking their spelling. Its a bit harsh calling these people narrow minded too all because they offered their opinions. I'm sorry but your coming across very uptight.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ouch that hurts

Sorry you did not hear "oh you are so lucky, never seen anything quite like this, love the new morph can't wait to invest in that project" ....can't always hear what you want to hear sadly.

Maybe you should email Kevin or Ralph and see what they think about it because around here obviously what do people know about balls?

Good luck with your project can't wait to see those Black Back Super Pastels in the future
    Deborah Stewart

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (05-12-2012),Emilio (05-15-2012),Slim (05-12-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C&H Exotic Morphs View Post
    Wait so you got him off of craigslist from a guy who had gotten the same male off of craigslist originally!? And you REALLY think it is some "new" morph?
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx667 View Post
    I think it is neat and all, but I agree it is likely a genetic Black Back Pastel. Great blushing and pattern, but poor color retention.

Anything is possible, but the idea that you picked up some new Inc-Dom morph in a random Craigslist pickup is very slim. But hey, people do find Picasso's at yard sales.

I would not get bent out of shape if the consensus does not agree with you, but keep in mind the combined experience of the consensus can be measured in decades.
    Strange things do happen guys I bought this guy from a Reptile Shop,

You can clearly tell he's normal

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

Wow, I head out for a training ride and cook up a little pasta for dinner, and see what happens

lmao thanks for your opinion, with it and 8$ i can get a cup of coffee at star bucks, and "anouncement" is spelled announcement.
    I sincerely do appreciate your correction of my spelling error, as that is a personal pet peeve of mine as well.

It does not, however, change the fact that the "new" morph you've proven out, is in fact, and old morph that's been proven many times before. But, thumbs up on the spelling thinggy

And comments like this aren't really helping your case, especially when your not using capitol letters, and your missing comma's.

This morph was proven genetic quite some time ago...it wasn't much of a gamble...

And, BTW, I do not, nor have I ever, owned a bearded dragon
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast