Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,053

0 members and 2,053 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toronto Expo

Thanks
    I'm glad I didn't miss anything big.

I'm going to try to make it to the Ajax expo, but I'll probably be to dead to, or still not in the country. Haven't made my mind up yet.

Reach for the stars, and if you don't grab them at least you'll fall on top of the world.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CatandDiallo For This Useful Post:

decensored (05-28-2012)

Thanks

Re: Toronto Expo

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    Definite waste of time. Unfortunately it was my first expo...hope they're not all like that. Bought a couple of black hides and that was it. I was excited about the auction, but all I saw the whole time there were fish : (
    Parking lot was full so I had to park on a side street. Didn't see any good deals. My buddy was looking for a black pastel female with no luck.
    Oh well...killed a few hours...hopefully the next one is better.

Yeah I expected more out of the auction. He kept throwing my into the auction at bids higher than I was willing to pay. I bid on the het. albino pair a $100 and he kept saying I was in for $175, every time I tried to correct him he put my bid higher haha.

for sure buddy. Not all the expos are like that. The one out by the airport is usually really good and the big breeders expo is always AWESOME. If I didn't have a need for frozen rats and rabbits I wouldn't come out to most of them. What age is your buddy looking for, for a black pastel? I can get pretty good deals on really high quality black pastel hatchlings, from the guy credited for the pewter queen PM me.

Cheers,
    Chris.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to decensored For This Useful Post:

4Ballz (05-28-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by decensored View Post
    Yeah I expected more out of the auction. He kept throwing my into the auction at bids higher than I was willing to pay. I bid on the het. albino pair a $100 and he kept saying I was in for $175, every time I tried to correct him he put my bid higher haha.

for sure buddy. Not all the expos are like that. The one out by the airport is usually really good and the big breeders expo is always AWESOME. If I didn't have a need for frozen rats and rabbits I wouldn't come out to most of them. What age is your buddy looking for, for a black pastel? I can get pretty good deals on really high quality black pastel hatchlings, from the guy credited for the pewter queen PM me.

Cheers,
    Chris.

you use reptile express to ship? I'm out in Winnipeg. I'll be in Toronto (areas) June 22nd-July 6th. Trying to find some nice lessers, and pastels, hypos would be nice too, or red axanthic (hets). :-D
    0.1 2011 Albino (early) "Snakey Gurl"
    0.1 2002 Normal "Crystal"
    0.1 2007 Normal "Ellie"
    0.1 2012 Normal (late) "Stardust"
    0.1 2012 Spider (early) "Pixie"
    0.1 2011 Het Pied (late) "Apple"
    0.1 20XX Normal (??) "Marilyn"
    0.1 20XX Normal (??) "Caroline"
    1.0 2011 Het Pied (early) "Mudd"
    1.0 2011 Enchi (late) "Batman"
    1.0 2011 Normal possible het ghost (early) "Snakey Boy"
    1.0 2011 Het Albino (early) "Alby"
    1.0 2011 Het Red Axanthics (late) "Sabre Tooth"
    1.0 2009 Normal "Buju"

Facebook: Twisted Ballz

Thanks
    The show was small, however I thought there was a really good turn out and that there were some nice animals and decent deals.

There were not as many Ball Pythons as we expected and surprisingly there were also just a small amount of geckos to be seen. If you were into exotic frogs or spiders though, there were most definitely some booths for you. Unfortunately I didn't get to see too much of the show as we were short staffed and I was behind the booth most of the day. My wife did end up coming home with a Lemon Leucistic Leopard Gecko and I had my eye on one of Corey Woods new G-Stripes, but it wasn't for sale anyways.

The Auction was lack luster in my opinion. My father came to show some support at the show and was not impressed at all by the auctioneer as he used to work a horse and cattle auction back in his younger years. The auction was slow paced and the auctioneer seemed confused and overwhelmed when multiple bidders were competing for the same item.

Chris! I saw you at the show and tried hollering at you from the booth I was working at, but amongst all of the people and noise I guess you didn't hear me. At least I think it was you, unless there is someone else that looks exactly like your profile pic that was carrying what I suspected to be a frozen rabbit or two. lol
    Lucas (LC)| Snake Hunter Exotics | Like Us on Facebook | @TheSnakeHunter

Lots of snakes, a bunch of horses and an array of other animals small and large!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el8ch View Post
    The show was small, however I thought there was a really good turn out and that there were some nice animals and decent deals.

There were not as many Ball Pythons as we expected and surprisingly there were also just a small amount of geckos to be seen. If you were into exotic frogs or spiders though, there were most definitely some booths for you. Unfortunately I didn't get to see too much of the show as we were short staffed and I was behind the booth most of the day. My wife did end up coming home with a Lemon Leucistic Leopard Gecko and I had my eye on one of Corey Woods new G-Stripes, but it wasn't for sale anyways.

The Auction was lack luster in my opinion. My father came to show some support at the show and was not impressed at all by the auctioneer as he used to work a horse and cattle auction back in his younger years. The auction was slow paced and the auctioneer seemed confused and overwhelmed when multiple bidders were competing for the same item.

Chris! I saw you at the show and tried hollering at you from the booth I was working at, but amongst all of the people and noise I guess you didn't hear me. At least I think it was you, unless there is someone else that looks exactly like your profile pic that was carrying what I suspected to be a frozen rabbit or two. lol
    lmao i was carrying rabbits! haha that's too bad i didn't hear you!!! what booth were you at!?!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by decensored View Post
    lmao i was carrying rabbits! haha that's too bad i didn't hear you!!! what booth were you at!?!
    Was helping out at the 'All Reptiles' booth. They had mainly product at the show and just a small assortment of reptiles (tortoises, skinks, frilled dragons, monitors, woma etc...).

First thing in the morning I got bit by an Albino Checkered Garter that was literally no bigger than a pen. He was small enough to slide through the ARS display cage air hole into the next compartment. He ended up in with a Taiwan Beauty and when I went to sperate them and put him in a different enclosure I guess he thought he was a tough guy and took a stab at me... lol

Looking forward to the bigger shows to come thats for sure!
    Lucas (LC)| Snake Hunter Exotics | Like Us on Facebook | @TheSnakeHunter

Lots of snakes, a bunch of horses and an array of other animals small and large!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to el8ch For This Useful Post:

decensored (05-31-2012)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12