Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,959

1 members and 2,958 guests
AR29,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Repti Flo 250

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Help

Well, I decided I'd post a 'report' on the "Repti Flo 250", as I would highly reccomend it to anyone keeping their bp's in a tank. As we all know, humidity is quite an important factor when it comes to keeping a healthy python. I purchased this product yesterday from Petsmart for about 15 bucks, and the humidity shot up from 45% (without the cling wrap on the top) to 75% in less than 10 minutes. My guess is, the circulation of the water creates more of a mist. The only drawback I can find is, when I woke up this morning the water level had gotten inrecdibly low. But, if you're anything like me, you're in and out of the cage a couple of times a day. So changing water is not a problem at all. Here is a shot of the box, and the fountain in action.
    (oh, and i figured it might bother the snake... but I actually think he likes it. I caught him last night drinking FROM THE FOUNTAIN ...)

-Will

Thanks
    Reminds me of those little fountains you see at just about every store you step in. Maybe one of those would be good as well. Some are pretty small and cheap and may be an easy solution to what can sometimes be a time consuming problem!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    it works great, for sure. not to mention makes for a cool looking water dish. one day when i have money (oh how i dream of that day), i'm going to go out and buy some nice pretty water dishes for the boys. I just can't stand seeing a $15.99 price tag on something that I can spend less than a dollar on and it serve the same purpose.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Banned
    Thanks
    Will, added it to a block that can now be found on the left side of the site , nice work

Thanks
    Uhhh, 75% humidity, isn't that risking resp. problems? I have my humidity level at 45-60 % now, and have no prob.

But I am just asking cause I heard on another forum awhile back how someone had thier humidity level that high and thier bp came up with resp. problems. I wonder, can you control it a bit?

Banned
    Thanks
    Not really, but if it already had RI, it'd cause a big problem. Humidity can be an awsome thing for bp's, but 75% is a little borderline... I seriously need to buy those tho....

Thanks
    I may consider one, but only if it can be controled a bit...hmmm.

Banned
    Thanks
    Timer?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    oh, forgot to mention... it has flow control
    also, jeanne... the reason for such a high humidity at the moment is because the snake was dehydrated. his eyes were cracking up.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Well, after reading your results I went and put a pump in Xaero's waterdish. Pretty much looks just like what you've got going on.
    Humidity not a problem now! Mine isn't the repti-flo, but one that I "borrowed" from a desk top waterfall that I have. It has an adjustable flow regulator and seems to work just swell. Only problem is now I've got that "fish tank hum" to listen to. It's not really very loud at all, but I wonder if the constant vibration of the pump won't drive the poor guy nuts!
    Ah what the heck...........let me go take a picture!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast