Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,490

1 members and 1,489 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I saw it last night. woooohooo! I thought it was the BEST out of all three. (Which is really hard to say, because they were all spectacular!) Who else saw it? Anybody? I know alot of people don't like it, because it is 3 1/2 hours long, but man is it worth it. And to me, I couldn't even tell it was that long. LOL...

Just thought I'd share. :lol:

What about you guys? Vote your thoughts.
    Jennifer

Banned
    Thanks
    Ain't seen it...yet

Thanks
    Have not seen #2 yet. Will not watch anymore of them until the intire set is finished. I was so mad at the ending of the first one that I decided I would not watch any more until I could have them all at once. But I did love #1 all the way until the very ending.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    going tonight
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    One word......AWESOME!!!!!

Although that very large invert gave me the heebie jeebies! Yuck!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh no joke Randy! It looked SO REAL..eeeek!

Glad you liked it as much as I did

Thanks
    havent seen it yet but its on the top of my list.
    -Patrick

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Excellent flick. Shelob, however, was not quite as realistic as Aragog in "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets". Aragog was VERY realistic looking. Even as an arachnaphobe, Shelob didn't quite get to me as much as I expected.

I'm looking forward to next year's release of the extended version DVD, so I can see the scenes they cut. Peter Jackson did not even film any of the "Cleansing of the Shire" scenes, which were the final chapters of the book (before what ends up as the final scenes of the movie). I've heard that he did film the scenes where Aragorn works as a healer in Minas Tirith, which in the books is one of the "tests" he passes to prove his claim to the crown. Those scenes were cut from the theatrical release. Also cut were the scenes revealing the final fate of Saruman (which I hear irritated Christopher Lee).

Once again, absolutely incredible costuming and sets. My son left the theater severely coveting some of the weapons they used, while my wife and daughter fell in love with the gowns and headpieces worn by the Elven women, especially.

Myself, of course, started wondering how hard it would be to carve a great facsimile of the staff carried by Gandalf the White.
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

I just saw it and it was F'N AWESOME. As a huge fan of the books, even though alot was left out (some of which was mentioned above-Beregond was left out also), I still think it was the best of the Trilogy.