Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,869

1 members and 2,868 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Holy kerpow, that's crazy. Best of luck for full recovery, you want to be able to point out the risks to others.

Thanks
    My whole hand hurts in sympathy. Its a good reminder for us that while beautiful they still demand respect. I'll never own hots but they have always fascinated me. Thanks for sharing his experience with us.
    0.1 Pastel Lesser Platinum (BP)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa
    0.1 Indian Sand Boa (Sunset)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Anery)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Rufescen)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Albino)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Snow)
    And a lot of Tarantulas

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Re: Friend got bitten by Albino WD Rattler *graphic picture warning*

How painful is it, actually? The tissue necrosis probably took out a lot of the nerve endings. That could hurt, or it could just involve a lot of numbness.

And what is the little snake in the back of the tank? Another albino? It almost looks pink.

I love how surly pit vipers always look. At least you can't claim false advertising.
    -Jackie Monk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    Keeping venomous really is no different then keeping nonvenomous as long as you have common sense and a healthy respect of the animal. When you take shortcuts or push your limits so to speak the animal will then put you back in line.
    Agreed. I haven't kept any hots in a long time, but anyone looking to get into hots I always tell them to start off with a couple amazon tree boas or similar non venomous aggressive species and keep them for a while. Everytime they get nailed by them write it down, "This could have killed me" or "I could have lost a limb" or "Can I afford this $250,000 medical bill?".

To the OP, any updates? It has been over a month since the last update.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AK907 For This Useful Post:

jben (07-23-2012),Poseidon (07-23-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AK907 View Post
    Agreed. I haven't kept any hots in a long time, but anyone looking to get into hots I always tell them to start off with a couple amazon tree boas or similar non venomous aggressive species and keep them for a while. Everytime they get nailed by them write it down, "This could have killed me" or "I could have lost a limb" or "Can I afford this $250,000 medical bill?".

I would be dead and broke if my GTP was hot.

Californiakingsnake needs to see this thread.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AK907 View Post

I am a friend of the OPs, and was actually at the wounded soldier's reptile store a couple days ago. Looks like he had a choice to either do some ligament replacement surgery which would be very very expensive, or amputate.

Sam, the guy who was bitten drives truck for a living (18 wheeler) and was concerned that if he did the replacement surgery he wouldn't have total use and flexibility of the finger and might conflict with keeping his lisence in the future. So according to his partner who I talked to at the store it looks like they are going to probably amputate it. It will be cheaper and will he able to get back to work a bit sooner. Rehabilitation with the other option may take up to a year or more so this was their best option apparently.

Other then that she said hes doing much better and is looking forward to a, well some what now "modified" full recovery. Btw, I saw the culprit Western under his hide while there. This dude was one healthy animal. I couldn't imagine the outcome if both fangs got him. Whew.

1.0 Pastel Champagne
    1.0 Clown Het pied 1.0 Pastel Ghost Het Pied
    1.0 Piebald 1.0 Pastel
    1.0 Mojave 1.0 Enchi Het Pied
    0.1 Pastel Het Pied 0.1 Ghost Het Pied
    0.1 Poss. Pastel Het Pied 0.3 Wild Type
    0.1 Spider Het Pied 0.1 Gold Blush Mojo
    0.1 Enchi Het Pied 0.1 Bee Het Pied
    0.1 Het Pied. 0.1 Sugar
    0.1 Orange Ghost. 0.1 Woma

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cdavidson9 View Post
    I am a friend of the OPs, and was actually at the wounded soldier's reptile store a couple days ago. Looks like he had a choice to either do some ligament replacement surgery which would be very very expensive, or amputate.

Sam, the guy who was bitten drives truck for a living (18 wheeler) and was concerned that if he did the replacement surgery he wouldn't have total use and flexibility of the finger and might conflict with keeping his lisence in the future. So according to his partner who I talked to at the store it looks like they are going to probably amputate it. It will be cheaper and will he able to get back to work a bit sooner. Rehabilitation with the other option may take up to a year or more so this was their best option apparently.

Other then that she said hes doing much better and is looking forward to a, well some what now "modified" full recovery. Btw, I saw the culprit Western under his hide while there. This dude was one healthy animal. I couldn't imagine the outcome if both fangs got him. Whew.
    Dang, that really sucks. At least it was just the one finger and not his whole hand.

Thanks
    To be honest even after seeing these pictures i still would love to add a pair or venomous snakes to my collection. Only thing is i would have to have my own place and not this apt. My landlord is cool with me having ball pythons and even a burmese if i wanted but not something venomous. I dont know why but i have always loved pigme rattlers and i cant find much on any known morphs of them. i would love to get a pair of albino pigmes or something similar. i think we should have the right to own hots if we want without the government telling us what we can and cant have in our own homes. thanks for reading my spcheel.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill T For This Useful Post:

Johnmb (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    I know this is an older thread, but has there been any update on this bite?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I just saw the updates now. Nevermind
    *Heather*
    I can't keep up with what I have

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heathers*bps View Post
    I know this is an older thread, but has there been any update on this bite?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I just saw the updates now. Nevermind
    Checkout the Facebook page for GBU Enterprises. The whole thing is pretty well outlined on their wall.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast