Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,831

2 members and 2,829 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    I didn't realize how much attention I pay to all my animals (I have 2 cats and a dog as well as my BP) until now... I'm fighting the urge to get her out and play with her so that she can acclimate to her tank and maybe accept a mouse in a day or two. I picked her up once this morning for a few seconds cause i had to fix something in her tank, but other than that its been almost 2 days and she's still curled up in the cave hide i got her when i got the tank.

Hope she comes out soon so she can eat I don't know how they do it, I can barely go 6 hours without eating lol they go for weeks/months without eating. Crazy animals

-Chris

Thanks

Man, this is hard...

Yes they do. My BP which I got from another party, was only fed by him every 6 weeks. And was really in pretty good shape. Though I can deffinetly tell he has gained considerable weight since I got him almost 2 months ago. Now he get's fed every Monday, and he know's when it is Monday. He acts differently on Mondays then any other day, so I know that he knows its feeding day. I guess he has his schedule figured out.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Banned
    Thanks
    August 19th was Monty's last feeding...

Thanks
    She last ate on monday the 1st of december accordin to the petstore. But is it bad for 5 month olds not to eat? or are they like their adult siblings and just decide not to?

She doesn't seem to me losing weight, so i don't know.

-Chris

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    most likely a young bp won't miss a meal. i'm sure it's just a little stressed if it hasn't eaten. just leave it be a few more days, she'll eat.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Magellan took his first meal for me this week. He's been keeping to his hide for the most part, so I simply placed the F/T rat in the opening of the hide and left it there. A little while later, I glanced over at the enclosure to see movement. Not wanting to possibly stress or startle him while he was eating, I stayed away until an hour or two later, and then simply lifted the hide up enough to make sure the rat hadn't just been dragged inside and ignored (don't want a dead rat going back to nature in the enclosure...). Sure enough, the rat was completely gone and Magellan had that "fat happy" look about him.

I've checked back a couple of more times to make sure the rat stayed down, and so far, nothing amiss.

If your new BP isn't spending much time outside the hide, you might try the same thing and see if it decides to chow down when you aren't looking.
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I know alot of bp's certainly aren't ones to eat for an audience. I wouldn't worry too much, and try what Hoomi suggested.

Good luck!
    Jennifer

Thanks
    Zeus stays in his hide almost all the time. But when he gets hungry, he sets his head right at the edge of the opening to his hide like he is ready to strike at something. So, when he does that I know he is hungry, and just recently he has started to do that when Monday's roll around (his feeding day). I have not had a problem with him feeding. He has beedn eattng like a horse. If, you have given her atleast a week to get acclimated to her new surroundings, try giving her something to eat, but nothing to big, and see what she does. If she feels comfortable (like Zeus) she will eat with you watching. Hope that everything works out for ya.
    Da Wolf

"The strength of the pack is in the wolf. The strength of the wolf is in the pack." Rudyard Kipling 1894

1.0 Ball Python (Zeus)
    1.0 Jungle Python (Apollo)