Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,449

6 members and 3,443 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you??

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Ok, last night I did my twice a week run to the pet store to pick up some live mice for my picky eaters. When I walked in, I saw a big (4'x4'x2-3') chameleon, or "reptarium" I think they are called.. FULL of 3-4' ball pythons. The guy told me that the pet store owner ordered a batch of CAPTIVE BRED HATCHLING ball pythons to sell. They were very confused when they got the shipment in, with obviously, even to the untrained eye, NO hatchlings. The poor bp's were pounded with ticks the size of your pinky fingernail. Some of them had mouthrot, most of them had scale rot. There were, I'd say, 15. Well, anyway, the petstore guy said 6 of them were dead when they came in to the store
    He knew how much I was into ball pythons, and asked me if I wanted one (for free) before they got shipped off back to their death. (Because they were sending them back ASAP). I felt so horrible for them, and of course I wanted to take one home, but the problem with spreading diseases to my CB babies went through my mind. I had to figure something out that would settle carefully for everyone. WELL, needless to say, I am a proud mommy of hopeful success story. =) In the laundry room (separate from my house), I set up a 4'x 2' x 2' rubbermaid with a heating pad on one end with a hide, water bowl, and nice clean paper towels, She also got soaked in the bath tub with some soap for a couple hours last night, and Black knight sprayed once she got into her home. She is going to the vet on Saturday. I couldn't help it, you guys! She is so friendly, too; and to think she was probably going to die!

I'll get pics up ASAP, as soon as she settles in.

Just had to share, sorry for the BLABBING!!
    Jennifer

Banned
    Thanks

Would you??

You need to have a better attitude about this. First, rub vasaline on the ticks, bathe them for mites. Soak it in pedialyte, and make sure it is hydrated. Give it a day of pure relaxation with a bit higher then average heating. And try feeding it a big rat, just in case bring a gerbil. After two weeks there is no doubt in my mind she will stabalize and be just fine. As well as make an excellent addition.

Please snap a pic so we can see just how bad of shape she is in

Banned
    Thanks
    My bad, I thought you said she was probly going to die, as in will end up dead.... Is she fine, or kinda iffy?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh, she was one of the better looking ones. I didnt't write my whole process of last night down because I didn't want to bore everyone. Don't think I didn't take my call and do what I needed to do about the ticks, etc. She has a very slight case of scale rot, (only on about 2 scales) but needless to say, it's still there. She didn't have any signs of an RI, but again, she is going to the vet on saturday. I'm going to be spending lots of moola on her, but it will be well worth it to me. I'm getting her flagyl and Panacur for starters, Hopefully she gives me a little dump of the rump (lol, a poo in other words) before Sat., but you never know about these things.

She won't die, she isn't in as bad as shape as some of the others. Especially now that anything and EVERYTHING she has wrong with her, is going to be treated as best as I know how to (well, mostly the vet,lol).

And I'm not going to feed her until after the vet trip; I wouldn't want any regurges from stress. She had a LONG journey here, ya know.

Jennifer

Banned
    Thanks
    I thought you'd just picked her up, lol.

Thanks
    Congrats and good luck!! Good thing you came along for her and gave her a second chance. Any name ideas yet?
    -Lindsay

0.1 ball python - 1.1 leopard geckos

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Nope not yet. Once she gets settled in, there is no doubt in my mind she will have some wacko personality; so it'll be easy to name her, LOL.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    good luck with her,
    and nice way to expand your collection :wink:
    Jesús

Thanks
    Congrat's on the addition......Maybe a good name would be Chance, as in 2nd chance.....Hope every goes well
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh, good idea Iron head, I'll think about it...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast