Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,849

1 members and 2,848 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    This is from a poster on another forum (i won't mention the name)

My corn just got bit by my other corns food (a big rat) I thought he was preocupied with his mouse but he went after the rat and got bit pretty bad in his mouth, i'm putting him in a temp. tank untill tomarrow when I can get him to the vet, should i have damp paper towles or dry ones in there with him???? and is there anythng i can do??? I washed all the blood out of his mouth, and gave him a warm bath...what sort of antiseptics can i use...I have tea tree oil, can i use that??? Someone please write back i'm in a panic!
    they are all valid Q's and this is what she got in respons from some guy

Posted by: Gargoyle420 at Mon Dec 15 23:23:47 2003 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ]

Let me get this strait.You have 2 different size corns in one enclosure and your feeding live rats to one of them?For starters you need a boot put up your @$$ for feeding a live rat to any size corn.What are you using for brains?You broke every rule in the book ten times over.Rat bites to the mouth can be a death sentence if they get them good enough.

1. For starters seperate your corns before feeding!!!!
    2.Never feed a live rat to any corn snake period!!!
    3.Get that wounded snakes mouth open and access the damage!!
    4.If there are deep puntures,broken bones,etc,get it to a vet!!
    5.Watch for infections,there will be swelling,look for puss.
    6.If your snakes dont like frozen,use fresh killed and tease
    feed with tongs.
    7.If your snakes survives use this as lesson never to feed oversized dangerous prey to a tiny cornsnake.
    8.Reread all cornsnake caresheets and retain some of there knowledge.
    Now this guy is right but why does he have to be so mean about it?
    any way i'm just so glad no ones like that on here
    i was tempted to e-mail her and tell her to come join this site as we would never treat anyone like that.
    Girlfriend: Your room smells like reptile!!!
    Me: Are you saying my balls smell??

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah, that's upsetting. The responding guy didn't even hear how big the rat was, he didn't know the whole story, but it sounds like he thought he did. What if the corn doesn't eat anything but live? And just because the person said it was a big rat, it could have just been bigger than they normally feed, or a big rat PUP, or something; and if the corn was an adult, that would have been no problemo. And the guy yelled at him to take him to the vet, but can't he read? The person said he was taking him tomorrow. I think the only thing I agree with him on being so harsh for is the feeding in the same enclosure. But you know what I have come to find out? People don't spend time on the forums to ask questions, or buy books to read everything they can. It makes me so mad, but I don't throw a pissfit like that guy did. That's harsh, but so is what the person with the corns did. Ok, enough with my ranting. Thanks for sharing. What forum was that off of? You can PM me with it if don't want to state it here; I'm just curious if I've been there before.

Don't piss that guy off. LOL
    Jennifer

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    That is way this web-page is going the way it is and is going to keep groing. Because we treat each other like herp friends.
    Jesús

Thanks
    I say you should invite that person over here...she was treated rudely. And that really irritates me!!!! She would never get treated like that here. We pride ourselves on being friends, and almost family like. We are here to share, learn and many other reason... I bet that person would like this site better.

I say do it!! Invite them here!!! :lol:

Banned
    Thanks
    This site loves to take in people who are abused elsewhere, quite a few of our members are refugees who found a new home

Thanks
    Yeah, I have been on quite a few "fishing expeditions," inviting people who have been treated badly on other forums. Feel free to go "fishing," no license needed!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    You know, that guy acts mighty superior for someone who obviously failed junior high school English. Were I to take a red pen to his post, it would appear more bloody than the injured snake did.
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    ya i couldn't figure out how to message the person so i pm'd emourl with the screen name so its done!
    whatta wanker!
    he didn't even awnser one of the questions that she had!
    oh well
    hopefully she finds her way over here

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm on it...

Jennifer

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    GO JEN!!!!
    i'm sure she'll come over right away
    tell her that i'm on here as well
    (i'm the only one that stuck up for her except for icedgoddess)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast