Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,127

4 members and 3,123 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well, since I got Bubba (the 3 foot bp), I was forced to move Peanut into a smaller (10 gallon) tank for the time being. Bubba is now in Peanut's old 30 gallon. I think Peanut might be jealous, because now he won't eat. Today is feeding day and he's never skipped a meal. So, now I'm stuck with this poor rat that neither Peanut OR Bubba will eat. And Bubba is supposed to be hungry, the girl that sent him to me said he hadn't eaten in 3 weeks. Anybody have any suggestions?

-Will

Thanks

:( feeding probs

Heck, if I was peanut I would be jealous and upset myself. Some new guy come in and take my crib from me....

And bubba, Jet lag.....probably just from being shipped.

Im not a pro at this stuff, but sounds like they both just need to get settled back in to the groove of things before they decide to eat.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    yeah thats what i was thinking... but you know the worst part is, soon they will have to get used to a new cage together. i'm getting a cage big enough to house both of them, so then they have to get used to that also. so in other words, this will never stop...
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i'm guessing bubba won't eat because he's had a long streesful journey
    peanut might not be eating cause its been moved into a new tank
    that could cause some stress???
    thats my guess
    Girlfriend: Your room smells like reptile!!!
    Me: Are you saying my balls smell??

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

POO Q!!!

well i mean, i know they're stressed. that's the reason i'm posting. wondering if anyone has any ideas to help reduce the stress.
    -Will

Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    ohhhhhhhhh ic
    i'd say time is the best cure
    and no handling for a while
    thats all i can think of

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    sounds good. although, you and i both know how hard that is to do... espcially with a new snake.
    -Will

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    oh ya!!!!
    is a matter of fact i should listen to my own advice i can't not play with my new boa although it seems to enjoy it just about as much as i do
    we'll see when its feeding time for him

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Advice: Peanut sounds like an easily stressed snake. I would really try keeping them both in the 30 gallon together (after Bubba gets settled in) and see if they get stressed together before going and spending lots of money on a new, bigger tank for both of them to reside in. That would really suck for you. And give Peanut a week or so before offering food. He's in a new tank, and he might not like it very much. Just give them both time, I'm sure they will come around.

This reminds me of what Caesar did just a few weeks ago; it was the weirdest thing. He NEVER has refused a meal (He would act hungry 2 or 3 days after he ate, so I would feed him again!) But then, he acted scared sh!tless of the rat. Then another feeding day went by, and another and another, no change in attitude. Finally I got smart and stopped wasting my rats. I offered him food 2 weeks after that, and he snapped it right up and hasn't refused since. BP's are so flippin' weird. Anyway! :lol:

Good luck!
    Jennifer

Banned
    Thanks
    You just need to let them all acclimate.... And when you wanna put them together just go out and buy a 55-75 gallon rubbermaid and convert it. I'm through with buying cages, rubbermaids work equally as well... You could buy two rubbermaids....and stack them. 55 gallons each! I'm buying radiant heat panels and hooking them up when I make the switch. A heat pad on the bottom, and the heat panel up top. Perfect for humidity, perfect fr function. And one hell of a home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast