Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,660

0 members and 2,660 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

my bp is acting different

ok..well i have him for about a a month and half now....and every day sence i recieved him he has been hidding unless i take him out...wich i try to do everyday for a few mins...but for the past 3 nights he has been coming out of his hide...around 11 and crusing he cage like he was hungery or trying to get out....so today...7 days sence his last meal i tried to feed him a small rat....and guess what....he doesnt eat it or even act like he cares about it....is this normal for them to change there behavior even though everything is still he same in his cage...(i took out the fake plants thursday after a big bm all over them) but thats been the only change...temps are good..and his tank gets misted every day a couple times a day to keep humidity good.....is it normal for them to come out at night and cruise around?

Thanks
    They're nocturnal so a BP being out of their hide at night is completely normal. Sometimes they just decide to be picky and don't eat. If you're offering F/T make sure the rodent is completely thawed and its head and belly is warmed up under a heat lamp or with a blowdryer.

Just to confirm, what are your exact temperatures and humidity? Does he have two identical hides? If your husbandry's proper when we'll be able to give you better advice on what exactly might be up with him not eating but the night roaming is completely normal.
    Black Pewter het Hypo Vestris; Black Pastel Enchi Zamira; Black Pastel Cheryn; Hypo Enchi Sofia; Lesser Pastel Eren; Super Mojave ???; Piebald Mako; Fire Vin; Pastel Estelle; Spider Hanji, Ezri; Normal Angelina, John, Aradia; Mojave Joe; Anerythreustic Kenyan Sand Boa ???; German Shepherd Dog Atticus; Rats Snowman, Colette, Calliope, Eliza, ???, ???