Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,219

2 members and 3,217 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Update

Thanks
    Some of you may remember my heat/humidity/Eleanor wheezing problem... well I added another heat lamp and saran wrapped half the screen top. She's been fasting for three weeks (she fasted for most of last winter, and alot during the one before so I wasn't too worried...) so I figured I'd wait 'til next week to feed her since she's been kind of stressed lately. I thawed out a rat for Vince using the lamp on top of her cage... Vince didn't want it and I noticed Eleanor peeking her head out of her hidebox. Well, two seconds later and that rat was no longer in my posession, lol. I've never seen her strike so fast! She's improving nicely
    -Lindsay

0.1 ball python - 1.1 leopard geckos

Thanks
    Good to hear that, could'nt ask for better news
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks
    Thanks! Forgot to add my digital thermometer was messed up, it'd been telling me 89 degrees for a long time so I figured everything was fine, 'til I noticed wheezing and there not being any possible way for it to be that warm in there after I shut the upstairs heat off (it gets too hot to sleep up here because our thermostats are weird...) Then it got stuck on celcius for a while and just showed random numbers that didn't make any sense... then it was saying 67 for a while... I threw an analog (is that what you call 'em? It works with watches and stuff...) and it proved my digital one is crap, lol
    -Lindsay

0.1 ball python - 1.1 leopard geckos

Thanks
    I am so glad you figured that out. That could have really of caused a problem for Eleanor. It is funny that you say it was a digital temp. to, cause now that tells me I dont want to ever mess with one of those, I will stick with what I got now! LOL

Banned
    Thanks
    Congrats, I guess she got happy with the changes you made. Every winter I have to go through and review my husbandry.

I noticed one cage got too cool so I added another light, it got too hot and dropped humidity. So I removed the other bulb and duct taped the vents to keep cool air out. Seems to be working.