Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,530

1 members and 1,529 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOT Happy!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

NOT Happy!

So i just got my new snake today from mues155, Adriane. That whole process went flawlessly, a pleasure to do business with!
    Now for the bad part. The FedEx tracking was nice, i followed the whole thing which was cool. My girl was supposed to arrive by 12pm. So i woke up at like 8:30am this morning. Checked the steps to see if she was there and she wasnt. Ok so im sitting watching tv all morning right next to the window waiting for the fedex truck. So finally the mail truck comes at like 11:15am. So finally at like 12 my grandpa walks over from next door and comes inside saying "oh mike this package was on your steps". Its my snake!!! I was like wtf when did fedex come?!?! I always hear it when it pulls up in front of my house! Its impossible not to with the squeaky brakes!
    So my question is now: is it possible the mail lady delivered it? Im pretty sure she didnt and the fedex guy was just really sneaky. But doesnt he need to get my signature since it says "live harmless reptile" on like every side of the box??? The snake was fine, a little frazzled from her journey but still a nice big, friendly girl! Im seriously considering putting a call or email into fedex, but before i do someone please tell me if what i experienced was normal...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    I do not think I have ever actually signed for one, they just hand me the box.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I just got my black pastel yesterday and FedEx needed a signature other wise I was not getting my snake, your FedEx guy might have just dropped it off and put a fake sig on his pad? Check the tracking number and see who signed for it? If it says you signed for it and never did I would call!
    Tom
    Tom

Ball Pythons
    Females: Poss. het albino (Angel),Albino (Corona),Pastel Lesser (Lila),Pinstripe Het Albino (Sandy), Pastel Pied (Pandora),
    Males: Black Pastel Het Albino (Diablo),Piebald (Atlas),Killerbee (King)

Morelia
    0.1 Jungle carpet python (Sage)
    0.0.1 Green tree python (Unknown)

Misc.
    0.1 Snow Corn (Roxy)
    0.1 Bearded dragon (Coral-Blood X Red/Citrus)
    1.0 Diamond Back Terrapin(Crush)

Thanks

Re: NOT Happy!

A signature being required is usually up to the seller. Many do not make signatures required, do to the chance of no one being home or them missing the door (like you did) and the package being sent back to the Fedex hub. Then the snake would have to spend a whole extra night in transit.

This has always been my understanding anyways...Correct me if I'm wrong.
    -Jordan

Balls
    0.1 Pinstripe.............................1.0 DH Lavender Snow
    0.2 PH Lavender Albino.............0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel PH Ghost..................1.0 Pastel Het Ghost
    0.2 PH Ghost (Twins)................1.0 Cinnamon
    0.1 Het TSK Axanthic................1.3 Mojave
    0.1 Het Albino..........................1.0 Albino PH Pied
    1.1 Het Pied.............................1.0 Dinker
    1.2 Normal...............................1.0 Pastel Lesser

Boa
    0.1 Super Salmon Het Sunglow

Check us out at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dem...13090085417762

Thanks
    Ok maybe ill have to look into it more then. It says it was dropped off at 10:30am so that means she was sitting on my step for like an hr and a half. Im glad she was ok but still, he could have at least wrung the doorbell! He definetly made no effort whatsoever to even knock on the door because me or my parents would have heard him...
    I was in very good contact with Adriane throughout the entire process. She knew i was gunna be home so she probably opted for no sig required. A good learning experience for me i guess. Next time ill just leave my dog outside all morning so ill know from the barking when hes here

EDIT: ok i just checked the tracking # and it does say: Signed for by: Sig not required
    My mistake. But still ringing the doorbell or knocking wouldnt have killed him... I know they are under time restraints but those should NOT interfere with their customer service. Another reason why i prefer UPS lol
    Last edited by Mike41793; 04-18-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Another reason why I pick every snake up at the hub Glad everything went well though!

Regards,

B

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simple Man For This Useful Post:

Cendalla (05-03-2012),Kara (08-07-2012),PitOnTheProwl (08-09-2012),ReptilesK2 (04-18-2012)

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Another reason why I pick every snake up at the hub Glad everything went well though!

Regards,

B
    I think that just depends on the situation. My FEDEX folks are really solid and I live in San Diego where the weather is always pretty sweet, so delivery is not an issue. I have picked up at the hub before, and that works as well, but my hub is only 5 miles away.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinx667 View Post
    I think that just depends on the situation. My FEDEX folks are really solid and I live in San Diego where the weather is always pretty sweet, so delivery is not an issue. I have picked up at the hub before, and that works as well, but my hub is only 5 miles away.
    All the more reason to make the drive. Tons of horror stories about snakes getting lost on trucks, cooking on the dash, delivered late, missing deliveries, etc. Soon as that snake leaves the hub, too many variables. That's just my motto though. When I'm buying a snake I am buying that individual snake. A replacement or my money back if something screws up is not going to replace that individual snake. I always recommend to save the trouble and pickup at the hub. Just my $.02...

Regards,

B

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simple Man For This Useful Post:

Slim (04-18-2012),youbeyouibei (04-19-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    All the more reason to make the drive. Tons of horror stories about snakes getting lost on trucks, cooking on the dash, delivered late, missing deliveries, etc. Soon as that snake leaves the hub, too many variables. That's just my motto though. When I'm buying a snake I am buying that individual snake. A replacement or my money back if something screws up is not going to replace that individual snake. I always recommend to save the trouble and pickup at the hub. Just my $.02...

Regards,

B
    I honestly didnt know that wa an option! How would i do this, for future reference?
    The hub is 45minutes away but i would definetly be willing to make that short trip!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx667 View Post
    I live in San Diego where the weather is always pretty sweet, so delivery is not an issue.
    Just rub it in lol... You cannot even begin to understand my dislike of living in CT lol.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast