Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,368

1 members and 1,367 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Well I just introduced Andariel to mouse #1... and Andariel seemed more intrigued about the rubbermaid cooler i had them in than she did the mouse. I think it had to do with the rubber maid cooler being a lil on the cool side for her so I put it over by the radiator on my one wall to heat it up a lil. I"ll try again in a couple hours.

Also when u guys brought home ur BP's did they stay in the hide box for a couple days? Is it like them adjustin to the new enclosure they're in? I ask because the only times I've seen Andariel outta her box was when i'm holdin or playin with her.

-Chris

Thanks

First feeding...

Both of mine were out of the box for the first few hours, but once they discovered it they were hidden for a couple days. Once she settles in more she'll be out and about
    -Lindsay

0.1 ball python - 1.1 leopard geckos

Thanks
    thats what i figured, but i just wanted to make sure somethin wasn't wrong or nothin.

Thx

-Chris

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Give her a couple of days and then you will see her a little more active around the enclousure expecially at night.
    Jesús

Banned
    Thanks
    When I got Monty all he did was hide, and that's all he does now.... It's typical.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Andariel, you've had your bp for what like 2 days now? Give the little guy a week or 2 in his cage, in peace and quiet. The poor guy is probably stressed to death.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Yeah I got her Sunday.

btw Andariel is the snakes name Just figured i'd use it as my login for here as well.

-Chris

Thanks
    chris, if you just got her Sunday, put her in her enclosure and don't mess with her for at least a week. Right now she is stressed out from being taken from one place and put into a totally strange place. So, give her a week to get use to her new surroundings. Then after a week, offer her a one mouse, and she if she takes it. And if she does put her back into her enclosure and don't mess with her for at least 2-3 days. After at that you can then begin to handle her, but only for a few minutes at a time. After she has eatten really good (ie.. one or two good size mouse/mice and she digests them) would I suggest handling her like you want to. Hope that this helps.
    Da Wolf

"The strength of the pack is in the wolf. The strength of the wolf is in the pack." Rudyard Kipling 1894

1.0 Ball Python (Zeus)
    1.0 Jungle Python (Apollo)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    wolfman is correct
    it more than likely isn't eating because it is stressed if you just leave it be for a week then feed her she will almost certainly eat
    then give her a couple of days to digest and then handle her

another possible reason is that she doesn't like mice
    what was it feeding on before you got it? frozen thawed mice, live mice, rats?
    that can make a difference for some BP's as they can be very picky about their meal
    good luck with your new snake
    Girlfriend: Your room smells like reptile!!!
    Me: Are you saying my balls smell??

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I think that everybody had say almost everything but in addition of what pimp_n_python had said, because of the picky nature of bp :evil: you should have to start with what she is use to and then start changing the food one little baby step at a time. I know this can be a little streesfull for you but I think that is the best way to work with bp.
    Hope this can help you a little
    Jesús

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast