Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,216

2 members and 3,214 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Axanthic?

Thanks
    Does anyone know if the red axanthic morph is real or not?
    Thanks

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yes it is. As far as I know, Corey Woods produced the first genetic line of the red axanthic, and he is continuing his projects with them (along with a few other breeders).

Thanks
    Yeah, it was proven out this yearby Corey Woods. Red axanthics are the homozygous form. The hets are black backs. They are a co-dom mutation, like pastel/super pastel.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Banned
    Thanks
    Thats screwed up. How do you get a red bp? That'd make one hell of an albino line though. Red bp's with a touch of yellow...... Can you imagine how awsome that'd be.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Red axanthics aren't really red, they just have a redish tint to them with obviously no yellow (hence the axanthic part). I don't know how that albino red axanthic would work. Maybe a snow bp tinted with red?? Hmmm.... possibilities are endless..

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Critters.

How much do you think that they can cost. It sound really intersting to have one, but I thinkthat it will going to be a really expensive snake wright???

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah, they definately wouldn'y come cheap. Off Ralph Davis Reptiles website, it lists prices for het (Black backed) red axanthics: "PRICE 03 het Red Axanthic males $ 5,000.00 each - 03 het Red Axanthic females $6,500.00 each - pairs for $10,000.00"

And those are just HET prices, lol.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    :shock: waoo, that is just to much for my budget. I think i should just get me another bp and the after a few years I want to buy me a Brazilian red tail boa, and a GTP.
    Jesús

Thanks
    how do they decide on a price for a new morph?If i had something that was totally new and no one else had i think i would ask for way too little compared to some of these morph prices.
    -Patrick

Thanks
    Most new morphs start somewhere around $25,000, and I believe that is about what Corey got for the one Red Axanthic he has sold. He sold one male to Ralph Davis, and as far as I know, this is the only Red Axanthic to be sold. He and Ralph have of course sold many black back hets, but it will probably be another year before someone else produces a Red Axanthic. I really like this morph. I think it has a TON of possibilities, and will be a very cool morph to combine into other morphs. I am hoping to buy a pair of hets this summer, but we will have to see how many clutches I get :wink:
    Jason

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast