Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,296

2 members and 3,294 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    LOL! OH, that makes sense. It's all coming together now! haha lol!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh yeah, and my adult bp's are in a 50 quart rubbermaid (about 16"deep x 35"L x 13"W looks about right) and my baby bp's are in 32 quart rubbermaids (about 6"deep x 15"L x 24"w) heh.. Just about. I say their spoiled. lol.. PLUS that whole thing they say, which, whether it be true or not, it makes sense; that bp's can easily get stressed in a cage that is too big (say, a hatchling in a 65 gal tank). Who knows..

Banned
    Thanks
    Bout the RI.... I too get the same problem. In new england the temps drop like mad and it happens so fast you don't notice, so your snake gets inadequete heat, usually at night. And since they always like to sleep in the coldest area, they develop it. Man, it sucks, not much we can do except be really strict with our husbandry.

Good luck in Canada! Where you movin to?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I increase humidity in my tank (50 gallon breeder w/ sliding screen top) by covering top (not all, but most of it) with duct tape. I also use a Tropic-Aire Humidifier & Air Exchanger w/ an air pump. No misting neccessary.

Thanks
    And since they always like to sleep in the coldest area, they develop it.
    Monty was doing this every since I got him until about 4 day's ago. I was going to go get him a new 2nd hide because he grew out of the original one that came with him. I havent been able to make it to the pet store to get one so I improvised and took a small box and made a hide out of it and put it on the warm side. Now he spends most of his time inside of it. Now I dont know if I want to go ahead and buy another hide to keep the good looks of the decor, or let him keep the box which he seems to love. Suggestions?
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Banned
    Thanks
    I can appreciatte a bunch of 50 gallon rubbermaids stacked up! Those are big and roomy! I wanna convert em to those anyway. My anoles would love those, ad so would the bp's.

Thanks
    Thanks again, everybody, for all the advice! I've gotta get my butt in gear and get something done today... seeing as I can't find my spare heat mat (maybe I never had a spare one...) and all I can find is a heat lamp, I'm just gonna have to go out and get her another bulb. Unfortunately I'm snowed in... looked outside this morning and my Lincoln was nothing but a big pile of snow, and there is absolutely no trace of my sister's old Cabriolet. The snow was level with the truck bed on the Toyota (granted it is a small truck, but it's still a pile of snow!)

BallKingdom - I'll be movin' to Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia next year and I'm thinkin' I'll just keep my balls in rubbermaids for the two years I'm there because I really, really don't want to lug tanks the 400 miles up there... plus it might be hard to sneak a 40 gallon past the landlord, lol. I've already got one up there at our summer house so I've just gotta bring one up.

Anyway, time to really get my arse into high gear. If I wanna move to Canada, I've gotta finish my art portfolio and apply :| I've been blowing off painting aaaaaalllllllll weekend...

*tears hair out* I hate snow!!!!!!
    -Lindsay

0.1 ball python - 1.1 leopard geckos

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    That's right Tigergenesis, I also have thetropic-aire humidifier. That al you need to mantain a good humidity in the tank without having to mist it every time. That is what i most like about it.

Banned
    Thanks

Just brought her home

I too procrastinate real bad. I seriously do everythind half assed at the exact last second, every time. Sometimes I wonder if it will get done in time, and it always does. I'm a sucessful procrastinator, it has never screwed me over.

I still need to work alot on the site, but I'll need to stop procrastinating. I'm a perfectionist too.....they clash too much.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead
    I havent been able to make it to the pet store to get one so I improvised and took a small box and made a hide out of it and put it on the warm side. Now he spends most of his time inside of it. Now I dont know if I want to go ahead and buy another hide to keep the good looks of the decor, or let him keep the box which he seems to love. Suggestions?
    I have started providing two identical hides for them to choose from. That way there is no "better hide" choice, just better temperature.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast