Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,249

1 members and 3,248 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fleas

Thanks

fleas

A quik ? For everybody what can I use to get rid of fleas that wont bother my bps but is successful in getting rid of the fleas....spring is here along w that comes fleas that my dog brings in lol
    1.0 pastel
    1.0 mojave
    1.0 yellowbelly
    0.1 pastel yellowbelly
    0.1 spider
    0.1 butter
    0.1 cinny het hypo

Thanks
    Prevent a mite. Pro-products.com

Thanks
    Prevent a mite will get rid of fleas in the house?
    1.0 pastel
    1.0 mojave
    1.0 yellowbelly
    0.1 pastel yellowbelly
    0.1 spider
    0.1 butter
    0.1 cinny het hypo

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Yes its a pesticide, I use flea carpet spray in the house and Front Line on the cat and dogs. Havent had fleas in a long time thank god.

You can also get flea collars and put them around the bedroom snakes are in to keep them away.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Provent-a-Mite is generally only used for mites on snakes and for use in their enclosures. It will kill fleas as it is a pesticide, but I wouldn't put it all over your house.

I strongly suggest you use Frontline Plus or perhaps Advantix for your dog. It's very easy to use and safe. It's not the cheapest thing, but it is the best and your dog will thank you for it. I don't recommend any other top-spot treatments as the other products out there are not as safe. Sentinal, which is given orally to the dog (chewable tablet) is another good product as well although it should be given in conjunction with a top-spot treatment such as Frontline Plus.

Frontline Plus will kill fleas for up to 3 months although if you have sandy soil or live in an area with lots of squirrels or rabbits, you could give it as often as every month throughout the summer and fall. Start now or within the next month to prevent a home infestation. The beauty is than none of these products come anywhere near your snakes - they are used only on the dog. So there is absolutely no danger to your reptiles.

I raise German Shepherds. My dogs have traveled all over the state to various shows and trials and they've been exposed to a lot. I also teach obedience classes for our local kennel club and they're exposed to a lot there too. We have sandy soil and live in the country practically overrun with rabbits. Sounds like a recipe for a flea disaster! I use Frontline Plus on all 6 of my dogs every other month from the 1st of May through November. We've never had a single flea. It works.
    Last edited by Evenstar; 04-12-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: fleas

Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
    Provent-a-Mite is generally only used for mites on snakes and for use in their enclosures. It will kill fleas as it is a pesticide, but I wouldn't put it all over your house.

I strongly suggest you use Frontline Plus or perhaps Advantix for your dog. It's very easy to use and safe. It's not the cheapest thing, but it is the best and your dog will thank you for it. I don't recommend any other top-spot treatments as the other products out there are not as safe. Sentinal, which is given orally to the dog (chewable tablet) is another good product as well although it should be given in conjunction with a top-spot treatment such as Frontline Plus.

Frontline Plus will kill fleas for up to 3 months although if you have sandy soil or live in an area with lots of squirrels or rabbits, you could give it as often as every month throughout the summer and fall. Start now or within the next month to prevent a home infestation. The beauty is than none of these products come anywhere near your snakes - they are used only on the dog. So there is absolutely no danger to your reptiles.

I raise German Shepherds. My dogs have traveled all over the state to various shows and trials and they've been exposed to a lot. I also teach obedience classes for our local kennel club and they're exposed to a lot there too. We have sandy soil and live in the country practically overrun with rabbits. Sounds like a recipe for a flea disaster! I use Frontline Plus on all 6 of my dogs every other month from the 1st of May through November. We've never had a single flea. It works.
    It most certainly does kill fleas, the pesticide active ingredient is found it all flea sprays and house bombs. ITs expensive to use but does work as ive done it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    It most certainly does kill fleas, the pesticide active ingredient is found it all flea sprays and house bombs. ITs expensive to use but does work as ive done it
    I said it does kill fleas. It's a pesticide - a strong one at that. While I personally wouldn't use it all over the house, as I said, and I certainly wouldn't use it on my dog, it would kill fleas in the carpet if you were to use it that way.

I'm confused??
    ~ Kali

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
    I said it does kill fleas. It's a pesticide - a strong one at that. While I personally wouldn't use it all over the house, as I said, and I certainly wouldn't use it on my dog, it would kill fleas in the carpet if you were to use it that way.

I'm confused??
    You confused as i was replying to your original post before you edited it saying its for mites in snake enclosures..

Why I said it can be used for anything to rid insects.

No, Provent-a-Mite is for mites on snakes and for use in their enclosures. It may kill fleas, but I wouldn't put it all over your house.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    You confused as i was replying to your original post before you edited it saying its for mites in snake enclosures..

Why I said it can be used for anything to rid insects.
    Whoops! Thought I caught that in time - didn't realize it'd gone through. That's what I get for thinking about 2 things at once, lol. Hince the reason I edited so quick as I immediately realized I'd typed the wrong thing.

Anyhow, sorry about that!

My edit is what I'd intended to type out in the first place....
    ~ Kali

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Thanks
    Thank y'all for the responses ...I do keep advantix on my dog but he seems to bring them in or we do on our cloths ...we are not infested w them but they do get in here and bite my daughter ...so just wanted to get them b4 they get any worse....
    1.0 pastel
    1.0 mojave
    1.0 yellowbelly
    0.1 pastel yellowbelly
    0.1 spider
    0.1 butter
    0.1 cinny het hypo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast