Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,859

0 members and 2,859 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Two Questions

Thanks
    Two Questions: Do ball pythons like music at all? Do they even notice it? I know they feel the vibrations, does it bother them the people in the apartment below blast their music?

And the other one, how much handling do ball pythons generally like? I've been taking mine out for a few hours each day and she's been eating fine, but does it bother her? Also, do they liked to be touched? Sometimes she seems to like curling around my hand or neck, sometimes when I run my finger along her she tenses up and sometimes she just ignores it, so I don't really know.

Thanks!
    Emily

Thanks
    To my knowledge, and I may be wrong. I was told that bp's dont really hear like we do, but they do feel the vibrations. I like lots of different kind of music, and my bp's never really seem to be bothered by it, but then again, I dont do it really loud either.

As far as handling... I handle my bp's for many hours a day... each one of them, and I have 3. I dont think they really mind so much being picked up..cause they all seem to have personalities, and all but one of my boys, seems to "beg" for attention. Sometimes they are just more responsive or reactive at different times. I think as long as you dont see any stress coming from it, then dont worry about it.

My boys are pretty use to the attention. I have always been very much involved with them, but I think I may not be the only one like this..I think it just depends on the snake.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I have 12 bp's at the moment and I am very involved with each of them. I pick them up and hold them each for about 20-30 minutes every day; of course excluding days of their shed cycle and the days after feeding. They all each have their own personalities, and we may possibly never really know if it REALLY bothers them. I'm sure they don't like it as much as we think they do, they aren't loving like a bird or a dog, they don't have that sense or instict. They are probably like "whoa, hey wait! I was sleeping! Arrgghh dang it I hate this, Oh well, oooh whats over here??" when we take them out of their cage. They aren't made to even know what a human is, except maybe a threat. But that is why handling them probably shows them that we are not a threat but more of probably a nuisance, lol.

And about music, Jeanne is right, they can't hear anything, only feel the vibrations. As long as the music isn't too loud, or there isn't alot of bass to make the bp's cage vibrate, it should be fine. Otherwise, that vibration would probably really end up stressing them out.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh, and by the way, welcome to the board, Emily!!

Jennifer

Thanks
    Dont know about the music part...I dont listen to music in the house, unless you call my daughter playing her trumpet which dosent seem to mess with my BP.

But I handle my BP everyday for at least an hour (except the day he eat's) and matter of factl, I would say he get's upset because I put him back in his pen. He seems to prefer being out with me.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i don't think they like it or dislike it.
    they don't really care either way unless they feel your a threat
    Girlfriend: Your room smells like reptile!!!
    Me: Are you saying my balls smell??

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Snake's don't like music from what I've learned. Too much vibration stresses them out.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks

Car talk...

I beleive the vibrations can bother them. Where as if it's not the normal vibrations it "may" upset them (from a few things I've read)
    We do play music here. I haappen to listen to alot of Classical and o/s punk and I've never really noticed anything being "wrong" per say with our BP's, Maybe they get used to it?
    I think as long as your herps are eating and living healthy and continue to do so, even after your neighbors music vibrations it shouldn't be to much to worry about.
    On the other hand you may want to jump up and down really hard in the early morning hours...lol We happen to have load downstairs nieghbors

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

My BP, Ozzy

we had teens that lived beside in out old house and at about 8 in the morning {after their party that kept us up all night} my step dad would go out and mow the lawn thier basement window was maybe 20 feet away from their basement window.
    revenge is better for niosy people
    it just makes ya feel better
    Girlfriend: Your room smells like reptile!!!
    Me: Are you saying my balls smell??