Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,068

2 members and 3,066 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Dehtdrated Water Monitor

Honestly at this point, you need to leave these people a review. They sent you an animal that is obviously in bad shape. You need to let people know so they know what they are dealing with.

If you have dated invoices, shipping dates, photos, etc. Leave a review for them proving your case. Maybe they will refund part of your money or something.

I'm sorry he's not doing any better, I have my fingers crossed for him. It's hard to bring them back when they are that far gone.

Just curious, what are you offering him to eat and how are you offering it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.C View Post
    Honestly at this point, you need to leave these people a review. They sent you an animal that is obviously in bad shape. You need to let people know so they know what they are dealing with.

If you have dated invoices, shipping dates, photos, etc. Leave a review for them proving your case. Maybe they will refund part of your money or something.

I'm sorry he's not doing any better, I have my fingers crossed for him. It's hard to bring them back when they are that far gone.

Just curious, what are you offering him to eat and how are you offering it?
    X2! Here and the fauna BOI. People need to steer clear of these sellers so it doesn't happen to anyone else. I am hoping yur little Guy makes it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Zombie; 04-20-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks

been offering him dubia and lobster roaches, as well as hopper mice live and pre killed. I left some roaches out to roam the enclosure(as my ornate loves to search for them throughout day so thought that he might as well) as well as some in a shallow dish for easy capture, The mice were left to roam for a few hours but didn't want them to harm the lizard and the dead were left in over night.

He only got bothered for 5 mins when i had to put the food in, but didn't touch him so as to not further stress him any.
    Last edited by simpleyork; 04-21-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks
    5 minutes a day that is

Thanks
    has anyone dealt with UnderGround Reptiles before?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simpleyork View Post
    has anyone dealt with UnderGround Reptiles before?
    I have. I purchased a pair of Red Tail Green Rats, they were supposed to be a sexed 1.1 pair. They are both female and had...friends. Luckily I quarantine and have plenty of Prevent a Mite on hand.

Thanks
    just wondering if it's even worth trying to get a refund or just post a negative review.

Thanks
    Got home and took a look at him, I don't think I can bare to let him suffer anymore. I'll be getting him Euthanized. I wish it had turned for the better, but I really do believe he was too far gone when I received him.
    I don't know why I didn't request photos of the animal I was receiving, as I usually do just to see if they are willing to go the extra mile for their customers and to make sure I'm getting what they say I'm getting.
    Sorry if I sound so negative, I was just so excited to finally get a Water monitor and it ended so soon.

Thanks
    It's a tough decision, and kudos for having the stones to do it.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simpleyork View Post
    just wondering if it's even worth trying to get a refund or just post a negative review.
    It's ALWAYS worth giving a business a chance to make it right with their customer. Even if it's known ahead of time that the chances of them doing the right thing are slim, they need to be given the opportunity.

Be polite, but direct and too the point and don't be wishy washy about it. Something along the lines of:

"I purchased a water monitor from you on (date) and informed you on (date) of it's poor and deteriorating condition. A vet was consulted on (date). The monitor received proper care and all the vet's instructions were followed. But the monitor could not eat and could not overcome the damage done to internal organs brought on by substandard care prior to its sale. I'm asking for a complete refund of the purchase and shipping price and expect it no later than (reasonable date). This is not up for negotiation. If I don't receive the complete refund by the requested date, I will be posting my experience on the appropriate venues for maximum exposure to your client base."

And be sure to include pictures and copies of vet reports and receipts.

Underground Reptiles does not have a good reputation. I honestly don't expect them to give you a refund or care if you threaten to go to the BOI. You won't be the first to talk about them there. However, they MIGHT give the refund and its worth a try. Mostly though, doing that strengthens your case on the BOI. You have to show that you TRIED to let them make it right and they refused. THEN you have a solid BOI case.

Sorry about the little guy. Seems like he never had a chance.
    Last edited by JLC; 04-21-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    -- Judy

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast