Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,992

1 members and 2,991 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Over on the Flutenet, the subject of snakes came up in a discussion through something of a roundabout way. Sandy C., in North Carolina, posted the following story in response to one of the snake comments, quoted directly from her post:

Funny snake story from my house: One day I was working in my kitchen, and noticed that a pair of cardinals that was nesting in the giant holly bush out my window were raising quite a ruckus (that's a technical term). I decided there must be a cat lurking near their nest, so I went out to chase it away. It turned out to be lovely large garter snake (nonpoisonous, sometimes kept as pets), but I couldn't reach it deep in the holly bush without getting a million stickers in me. So, I ran back in the house, got my kitchen tongs, and went back outside. I gently took hold of the snake about 8 inches back from its head, and it obligingly coiled the rest of his/her length around the tongs and my arm, and came loose from the holly bush. I then walked across my backyard, across the golf tee area just behind it, to the creek, and let it go. The foursome that was waiting to tee off saw me and gave me some seriously drop-jawed looks, so I turned and said...
    "I had one too many for a pie..."
    and kept walking....

-Sandy C in NC
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

Banned
    Thanks

Funny Snake Story from a friend

Seems like this lady did it a favor instead of killing it like some people would.

Thanks
    very nice catch and release tactic..lol
    great story, thanks for sharing
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    That was great, I like hearing stories like that. They don't come about too often. Most of the time you hear of the person stoning the poor thing to death or something similiar.

Great find.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Cute..Thanks for sharing...

Friend of my mom's called me up last summer and said there was a snake in her back yard. I drove over expecting a copperhead or something, low and behold.. Baby eastern kingsnake, probably not even 3 days old. I searched the area, couldn't find anymore. But I took him in for a few days and gave him a meal, then released him where I usually go to find snakes.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Ah.....Snake stories with happy ending's. Here is mine, kind of similiar to wizill's. Now this happend approximately 1983 so it has been a while. My only neighbor for about 2 miles who is about 80 years old at the time (yes, I lived in the middle of no where, called me one evening scared to death. She said there was a very large snake in her yard. She said she was going to come and get me instead of calling but she was afraid that it would chase her. Now get this. It was long distance for her to call me, and she was just across the street. Oh, did i mention that I also lived on the county line at the time. Well I go over there and she meet's me at the door with a shovel. I tell her that I dont need the shovel that i will just pick him up and take him to my side of the woods. So she tell's me where she saw him and low and behold, she was right. There he was just a sunning himself, he was a good 6 foot Black Racer. Never even tried to get away or strike at me as I picked him up. Told the neighbor to have a good day and walked to my side of the road and let it loose in my back yard. Now how is that for a happy ending. :mrgreen: Now i know it sounds like I must be a hillbilly or something, but im not. I am originally from a big city in Florida of 80,000, it's just that I chose to bring my children up in the country in Illinois. I now live in a village, yes they call it a village, of 300 people.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Wow I wasn't even alive when that story took place. Not make you feel old or anything..

Great story anyways, ALWAYS nice to have a happy ending to a snake story.

Thanks
    Now why would that make me feel old? Just because I have 2 children older than that story shouldnt make me feel old. Should it? :? wahhhhhh!!! Damn im old. Hey wait a minute....I think Hoomi is older than me.....Woo Hoo!!!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm 44 now...
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

Thanks
    Hoomi, I knew that you had recently turned 44, that's why I said you were older. Not by much, but older. I use to introduce my ex as the old lady and she would allways say "But your the same age" and I would have to remind her that "yeah, but you are 26 day's older than I and that's all that count's, thus, you are the old lady". All in kidding and fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast