Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,363

2 members and 2,361 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks
    Members:

Please be aware that we are here to help others and come to together as a community. Alot of the things posted on this site are others opinions and many of these people are using "their" own knowledge and EXPERIENCES to answer others questions. If everything about snake care was so cut and dry, then there would not be so many books on one species because caring for these animals would be done one certain way, and only by those adhering to the thought there is one way to do something. BP's and prob. any other creature "herp" is different, but all require the same basic things- water, food and heat..and some need light Also, not ALL animals should just have to be kept separate if the owner is experienced, confident in his/her abilities in caring for that/those animals, and knows his animals well, ei..spending time with them, getting to know their habits and personalities..etc. Bottom line: there is no one way of doing things. And the way things are said to eachother and asked should be done with some tact and without resorting to almost a "flame" session between members. We def. enjoy seeing all our members post, and would like to see you continue to do so, but please, the things anyone here post are thier opinions and what "may have worked for one person may not work for another".

OK< I have said my peace...

I have 3 ball pythons. They all live together. I have been doing this for a long time, and with many diff. snake species, except king snakes, because as alot of us do know, you cannot house 2 of those together except for breeding cause they WILL eat one or the other. I feel and it is my opinion, that keeping several bp's together can be kept together easily and saftley as long as thier cage is BIG ENOUGH, has the RIGHT humidity level and temps, and water. You will need to feed your snakes separetly. If you know your snakes well, you will be able to tell if one or several are sick or something is wrong with them..and most importantly, you are very aware of the logical risks you are taking with your snakes living together, and be willing to just deal with it no matter what you got to do if something does come up ... it is part of any pet ownership. Does it make one IRRESPONSIBLE or uncaring, no, it does not, it is just a choice and decision you have made, be it good or bad. And you learn from it. And move on. Just my opinion. My boys have gotten along well for a long time, show no signs of stress, eat well, have plenty of water and room, etc...and plenty of love and attention to go around, including the rest of my zoo room critters. So..no problems here housing bp's together. :lol:

Banned
    Thanks
    Was someone flaming?