Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,292

0 members and 1,292 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Just a "heads up" for anyone who might be close enough to attend.

The weekend of December 6th and 7th, the Phoenix Arizona Metro area will have two reptile shows going.

One will be at the Village Premier Suites, 3210 West Grand Avenue in Phoenix. Oddly enough, the hours for the show are not posted on the web site, which is http://www.azreptileshow.20m.com .

The other will be at Scottsdale Community College, Loop 101 at Chaparral Road, in the Student Center. Hours will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. More info at http://www.azreptiles.com .

We're booked into a hotel near the first show, and what we're going to try is hitting that one after breakfast Saturday morning, then going and getting some lunch, after which we'll head over to Scottsdale and hit the other.

Should make for an interesting day!
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm only going to the one at SCC.. It's just as close, and I know quite a few people that will be attending. Mayeb I'll see ya around. I'm going probably around 12 and staying awhile to help out with anything that needs helping out (since I'm a member of the AHA I can do that).

Have fun at both of them!
    Jennifer

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well, if you see someone that looks like ZZ Top, that's probably me.
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    While you guys are on the topic of reptile shows... I will be going to my first one pretty soon in Richmond, VA. Can you tell me what to expect? Are they basically for breeders to trade/sell snakes? I drew this conclusion because the ad for it said "leave your own reptiles at home." Anyway, thanks.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    It's for the vendors, and it is also for education purposes. People can bring reptiles (as far as the one for Arizona goes) to put on educational shows. I don't know if every show is like that. I have never been to a "big show". There will be mostly just vendors and breeders selling snakes. Also as far az Arizona goes, there is absolutely NO native allowed inside the premises. (AZ mt. Kingsnakes, rosy boa's, etc). Which does kind of suck, but oh well.

Jennifer

Thanks

RE: LAST POST in this forum "are we able"

Hey Emroul..
    I grew up in Arizona, and I had kind snakes all the time... it sounds like from what you said, that they are no longer allowed to have king snakes there in Az... is this a new law? I wonder what I would have done with my ks's then, would they make me get rid of them? Hmmm, I have not been away from Az. that long. Whats going on and when did Az. make a law you could not have ks's? To my knowledge, the law says you cannot have endangered species or venomous snakes or lizards... and defin. no GILA MONSTERS..specifically because they are both.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I think you may have misunderstood. I didn't mean you can't keep native snakes as pets, I meant you can't bring them into AZ reptile shows. When I wrote "NO native is allowed inside the premises" I meant the premises that the reptile show would be held at; not the premises of your home.

Jennifer

Thanks
    OH OK< thought you meant like you could not "own, possess..etc anylonger in Az" - did not realize you meant at the show. :roll:

Banned
    Thanks
    Try and get pics if you go to the expo, I'll make a special gallery for it.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Will do I love taking pics (as long as they'll let me)

Jennifer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast