Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,939

1 members and 2,938 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

shipping help here

well im going to ship a snake like i have done many times before but i need a little help on this one. well here were i am the temps for tomorrow are 72 for the day and 48 for the night and im going to ship to Virginia who will be 67 and at night 40. so should i use 2 heat packs or should i use only 1. hope you guys can help thanks and its hold at fedex location

and its a ball python

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 971 Posts

Re: shipping help here

I would just use one heat pack...They are better off a little cooler than too hot.

Another thing to check when making this decision is the weather in Nashville, Tenn...That's where all the packages go to be sorted.
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTN0325

Also when the weather is cool at night, but warm during the day I call FedEx to check the recipients zip code and make sure they are in a 10:30 am delivery zone...Some delivery zones are 12n and even 4pm! You would want to have the later shipments held at the FedEx hub.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coldbloodaddict For This Useful Post:

geckobabies (04-02-2012),snakesRkewl (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    They don't all go through TN... many of my shipments go through IN, but I agree it's always a good idea to check the temps at the main hubs they pass through.

It's also a very good suggestion to check the guaranteed arrival time. I sent a shipment once to AZ that was 4:30pm local time.. and I'm on the east coast.. so that's a long time to be in shipment.. luckily it was packaged well... but in AZ summer heat!! I found out and had it routed to a local FedEx hub. The customer had to drive 2 hours each way to get it or cancel their order I was not going to risk the animals.

Since you are having it held at FedEx I would say one heat pack is fine as long as it's not a super huge box. If it's your standard 12x9x6 I would do one heat pack and drop off as late as possible.. but start warming up the heat pack earlier in the day so it's nice and warm when ready to package.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 845 Posts
    If its a smaller box (12x9x6 or smaller) I would use one 40hr heat pack