Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,020

3 members and 3,017 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: hiding spot

Thanks
    is it a bad idea to have his hiding spot over the heating pad? he's out more often that usual (or maybe it's because i'm up later than usual...and he likes to play when it's late)

Banned
    Thanks

hiding spot

I have one of my hides over a heat mat, just make sure it isn't too hot.

Thanks
    No, in fact it is a good idea. You should have a hiding spot on each end of the enclosure-warm and cool ends. If it's too warm, he'll find somewhere else.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I use a shallow red clay "dish" designed to go beneath a flower pot for one of the hides for my BP, and I have it placed partially over the undertank heater (with several layers of newspaper as a substrate to insulate him from potentially hot glass). This dish has a hole knocked out of one side for him to crawl in and out through. I also have a regular flowerpot with a similar hole in the lip, turned upside down, on the other end of the terrarium. Phil will move between the two at whim to regulate his temperature.

One suggestion a friend gave me for a cheap and easy "hide" is one of the red clay, Spanish style roof tiles. I'll probably move up to one of those when Phil starts outgrowing his current shallow hide.
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.