Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,978

1 members and 2,977 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

A little 1337 'net humor

Hi everyone, I realized I never actually introduced myself; rather, I just came in and started posting! Hehe.... Well, my name is Jennifer, I live in Arizona with now *10* beautiful ball pythons. I had only eight yesterday, but bought two more (a pair of adults). I love them so much, They are addicting!

Well anyways, that's me and hope to talk soon!

Jennifer

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

New here..so far lovin' it!

Hi Jennifer!

Going to the Reptile show in Phoenix the first weekend of December? My wife and I are planning on driving up there for that. We've been setting aside money for the show, so I won't be surprised if we come home with some new additions.
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh you better believe I'm going to that! I got the day off, set aside only a chunk of money because I know if I bring too much there will be some new additions without a place of their own to live once I get back home I have a couple vacant enclosures, though =) I live in Gilbert, and that is not far from where the show is at all. It will be fun. Are you going both days or just Saturday? I'm probably only going on saturday.Are you a member of the AHA or the other herp assoc.? (I can't remember what it is called, but I think its for Tuscon) :-\
    Jennifer

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Please read.

We're planning on going on Saturday. We went to the Tucson show on Sunday, and I got the definite feeling we'd missed some interesting specimens that had sold on Saturday. We're hoping that the local club down here arranges a larger venue for the show next year. It was pretty cramped in the Elks Club hall for this year's show.

We're not members of the local club, at least not yet. My wife picked up a young Bearded Dragon at the show, and I bought my Ball Python. I think we both could have spent even more money there if we'd had it, and/or if we'd have someplace to house any more additions.

The Beardie is in a 29 gallon terrarium at the moment, which is still fine for his size. I'm going to build a more suitable enclosure for an adult beardie soon, and what I may do is make a multi-level enclosure that can handle several more specimens, including another Ball Python if I find a good deal on a little female. I've got some ideas for the construction thereof, including a built-on humidifier system to help offset our dry desert heat.

Coincidentally, while I had planned on having this weekend off, my co-worker called me last night sick, asking me to cover this weekend instead of him (he'd really wanted to work this weekend, as his in-laws are in town and he wanted a good excuse to not sit around hearing from his mother-in-law how she'd handle things so much better...). Today is 6 hours of time and a half pay, and tomorrow will be 6 hours of double time, with the pay arriving the Friday before the show. Oooohhhh... that could be dangerous!

We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

True spiders

Man, same thing is happening with me, I get paid the Friday before the show. UH OH!!!

Jennifer

Banned
    Thanks
    You guys are too lucky. We get one herp show here in Maine, and since there are VERY few legal species they probably blow. I need to catch a nice one in NH, maybe I'll see Kara there, or at least see a few spider balls. Hehe

Thanks
    One of the NH shows was the first one I ever went to, and t was pretty good. I've been to two in White Plains, NY and they were awesome, then some random one that was in RI at a high school, very small but nice because there weren't alot of people but alot of variety as far as herps go.

Welcome Jennifer!
    -Lindsay

0.1 ball python - 1.1 leopard geckos