Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,914

1 members and 1,913 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Minor little trivia question

My son-in-law found this one, and it just busted me up. I figured I'd share it with y'all. Anyone who has dealt with "1337 d3wD5" in either forums, chat rooms, or on-line games will probably appreciate this one.

If you haven't, you may not "get it".

Banned
    Thanks
    Yeah, gamers and wanna be hackers often talk like that. I once found a funny one on the back of a shampoo bottle.

Banned
    Thanks
    I used to be cool and talk like that. That last sentance was a lie.

l4t3r

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I got to thinking about this one. I think if I had done the image, I would have done a facsimile of a Wheaties box, and made it

1337i3s: bR34kF45t 0f h4xX0r!!11

j0o 5uXx0r!!!!1111 Jo0 d1n7 h4\/3 j00r 1337i3s!!!!1111 n006!!!!1111

Now I'm scaring myself. I'm finding that stuff easier to do...
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

Banned
    Thanks
    You seriously have to be an idiot if you type like that all the time. I do it sometimes, just for fun. It makes no sense why people talk like that. I heard it all spawned from some game a hile back, and thus there were h4x0rs, and the 1337, now fake hackers pick it up and go about with their little programs hacking sites.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I hadn't heard the game origins of "1337". I always kinda figured it all started as just the clumsy typos of people in chat rooms, typing too fast trying to keep up with the "conversation", and decided that they'd call it something special instead of admitting they couldn't type.

I'm too much of a writer. Misspellings tend to bug me when I notice them, and even in internet communications, I do try to use proper grammar and syntax.
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

Banned
    Thanks
    Are you an english teacher by any chance?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    No, I work in a bomb factory. (really)

I'm a Calibration/Service Technician, doing calibration and repairs on electronic test equipment for a major Aerospace Company.

Note: That does not mean I am a "pro war" person. Personally, I'd like for our products to be so good that we never needed to use them.

Banned
    Thanks
    Being a guy I definitely like blowing stuff up. Bombs are amazing, so much power....hehe.

Too bad firecrackers are illegal in Maine.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh, I love the technology, and I love the videos of the full-up tests. Being able to drop something from 25000 feet or so and have it go right through the door of a bunker is amazing.

In many cases, such technology actually saves lives. While enforcing the "No Fly" zone over the past few years, the coalition forces had numerous times when their aircraft would be tracked and often fired upon by Iraqi anti-aircraft installations. These installations were often placed in civilian areas, so that when the aircraft returned fire and took the installation out, the Ba'ath regime could show footage of homes, schools, etc. destroyed by the explosion (conveniently omitting the fact that they placed an active target in the area).

We began taking empty bomb casings, filling them with concrete, and using the laser guiding systems on the bombs to take out the AA installations. The inertia of a ton or so of concrete falling at terminal velocity will destroy any building it hits, but with no explosives involved, the collateral damage to surrounding structures is very minimal. With our current laser guidance systems, we can place a bomb, live or inert, within a couple of feet of exactly where we want it to hit consistently.

Sure beats the daylights out of the WWII style of bombing, wherein the Allied forces would send waves of bombers over a target area, saturating the area with dropped bombs, in the hopes of actually hitting the real target.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast