Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,004

1 members and 3,003 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Let's see some replies here folks.. talk about your bp's what you like about them, don't like... do you have a favorite? if so, why?

I only have one, so of course he's my favorite. I love just hanging out with him, he seems to notice whenever i'm around. One of my favorite things to do is watch him eat. I've kept many snakes before, but no snake I've ever owned has devoured rodents like this little fella. I firmly believe that snakes get to know the hand that feeds them. After he eats in his big feeding box, I can just ease down and scoop him right up. He seems to almost thank me that I fed him, then goes back into his cage and chills for a few hours. After that he's back out again, exploring. Funny story that proves how much the little guy means to me... My sister's boyfriend was here, and I wasn't in the room. He was knocking on the cage, and when I walked in my sister had to pretty much get in between us because I was so ticked off. I've seen snakes injure themselves badly from popping the glass, and uh.. i probably would've had to injure him as well.

Banned
    Thanks
    Geez, you definitely love your little peanut! He's all too lucky. Some bp's end up with people who could care less. Get this, his GF bought it for him to cheer him up cause he lost his king! Why do people tap the glass? They never move.

I have a tie between my two bp's. Goldy is too amazing. She's extremely high gold, very nice striping, and insane size. She's so thick, and powerful, when she holds my fingers together, she can grasp like mad. Her eyes lack the dark pigment type stuff that makes most bp's appear to have tinted eyes. She has a little, but she has very cat like eyes. She also gives me kisses. I got Monty like 14 months ago, he's been with me a whole year and two months. He is VERY relaxed. Normal in every way. And he has made a great companion. He seems delighted to get out of his cage and explore. If he knows a door is open he zips right out it if for exploring. And he's brilliant, he's done a few impressive things, that demonstrated that bp's can indeed learn.

Thanks

Going away..gotta keep him warm!

I have 2 bp's. Atreyu and Bastian.

Atreyu was given to me 14 months ago. A friend of mine had him, and was bored with him. He actually came to me as Sophia. I had him probed, and discovered she was a he!

I fell in love the moment I met him. He is approx 5 years old, and he is such a laid back easy going guy. He seems to be able to sense when I am stressed or upset, when I take him out when I am in a bad mood, he will put his face on my cheek and stays there until I have mellowed out. And when I let him loose on my bed to play, his favorite place to hide is in my pillow.

Bastian is the baby. I got him in late July. He's a typical baby bp..loves to explore and cause trouble. My bf will get him out, and let him loose on the bed, and he gets lost every time! Mainly cuz the bf forgets he's out.

I can't pick a favorite. It's like picking a favorite child. Can't do it.
    Franni

1.0 BP, T'gai
    0.1 Bearded Dragon, Kirk
    1.0 Sugar Glider, Sweet Baby James
    0.2 Cats, Lucy & Luna
    1.0 Demon Dog, Max
    0.1 GF, Kim

Banned
    Thanks
    Atreyu is my boi! He's a pretty big boy, lets hope Bastian is female!

Thanks
    LOL...nope..Bastian has already probed male...sowwy! Would have been nice tho. I want babies!!
    Franni

1.0 BP, T'gai
    0.1 Bearded Dragon, Kirk
    1.0 Sugar Glider, Sweet Baby James
    0.2 Cats, Lucy & Luna
    1.0 Demon Dog, Max
    0.1 GF, Kim

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    It'd be so sweet to have a clutch of little baby bp's. ahh, wishful thinking.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks

how big will my Ball Pythons eventually get???

Instead of retyping everything, and using up even more BP.Net webspace, I'll post a link to my page about my BP's
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Banned
    Thanks
    Hmm, we use 55mb of a possible 500, we got some to spare!

Thanks
    Well, Ok then....here it is!!!

Eddy
    Eddy is one of my '03 males. His father was a 50% possible heterozygous (het) for Piebald. So, if Eddy's father was het for Piebald, there is a 50% chance that Eddy is, also. *Fingers crossed!* Eddy has black striping on his belly, towards his tail. This is rumored to be a sign of the het piebald gene. Eddy was very snappy when I first brought him home. He tried to bite me a couple times, and snapped at my daughter, who was about 5 feet away, as she walked by me while holding him. He was just scared, and has since calmed down. He still is slightly headshy, but I'm working with him on that. He hasn't snapped at or hissed at anyone in months. For some reason, I think Eddy may turn out to be my het. Why do I think that? I don't know.....gut feeling, I guess.
    This pic is Eddy as a hatchling, less than a week old.

These next two were taken when he was about two months old.

Zeus
    Zeus is another '03 male. His genetics are the same as Eddy's, with different parents. Zeus has been Mr. Mellow ever since I brought him home. He has never snapped or hissed, and is not head shy. Here is a pic that demonstrates how mellow Zeus is.

That is my 16 month old daughter wearing him as a necklace. She is a typical toddler, poking and petting him, and he doesn't even act like he minds!

Zeus has an orange ring that goes completely around his tail. He also has black striping on his belly towards his tail. *Fingers crossed again!*

Roswell
    Roswell is an '02 female that I got in trade for a Cornsnake. She is a little on the shy side, and will not eat on any kind of schedule. So, I offer her food every couple of weeks. Sometimes she takes it, sometimes she doesn't, but it has to be HER idea! She is 418 grams as of 10/03, and I hope to have her close to breeding weight by late '04.

Julie
    Julie is a '01 or '02 reduced pattern female that I picked up for free from a kid who went to college. His parents didn't want to keep all his critters, so he got rid of some of them.
    She has a sweet disposition, but doesn't like to eat for an audience. She will definitely be breeding size for '04.

Julie is my website mascot.

Noobie
    Noobie is my newest purchase. I found her at a local reptile shop. She had a pretty bad respiratory Infection, and was VERY skinny. I traded a healthy, adult, cooled female Ball Python for her. Stupid trade?
    Maybe. I like her light coloration better than the one I traded her for.
    Her RI is cleared up, and she shed for me right after I got her.
    I tried for a week and a half to get her to eat, and she wasn't interested. I finally assist fed her. I just put the head of the prekilled
    rat inside her mouth. She bit it, and then finished eating it by herself. Here is a pic of her starting her shed.

She is eating good for me now, so here are a couple more pics of her. In
    this first one, you can really see how her pattern is outlined in white. Overall, she is very light colored, although her shed was not patternless, as I had hoped.

Joe
    I found Joe at a local reptile shop in December '02. At that time he was full grown, and he was extremely calm when I handled him. He didn't even protest when the employee probed him!
    Joe has never been head shy, and is very inquisitive. He is the snake I trust the most with my kids, and I have even let the baby (15 months) handle him. (Closely supervised, and quickly washed up, of course!)
    Joe is currently breeding Maggie. I am hoping for some babies in the Spring of '04.

Maggie
    Maggie is my only female that is breeding weight for the '03-'04 season. She has been with Joe for a couple months already. I started cooling them in August, hoping to get an early start on some eggs.
    I got Maggie from a guy that I know who worked in a local reptile shop. He had a friend that had skipped the state for whatever reason, and left all his snakes abandoned in the cold apartment. I bought Maggie and Juliet (who I traded for Noobie) both for $40. Both were adult females. They were kinda skinny, but they beefed right up. Better yet, they were used to eating frozen/thawed rats!

Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Banned
    Thanks
    Too cute

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast