Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,340

0 members and 3,340 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    I know some of you folks have boas, lets hear what you have. I have one female BCI. She is currently in a 75 gallon aquarium, until she outgrows it. I can't tell you how big she is for sure, since she refuses to sit still long enough for me to weigh her, but I do know she is right around 4' long.
    You can check my photo gallery for pictures of her. She's a sweetheart, unless she thinks I'm going to take away the rat she just got done constricting. She does NOT like movement around her cage between killing and eating. She goes nuts, striking at the glass trying to get to whoever is moving!
    The thing I like better about my boa than my BP's is that she is really laid back. The BP's as a species are high strung, going on feeding strikes when stressed, not liking their heads touched, etc. Jazzy, my boa, has always been Ms. Calm and Collected. She doesn't mind being handled, and doesn't bolt for the nearest couch cushion whenever she has a chance, like the BP's. :roll:
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    I must agree with you Randy, my boa, Emily, is really subtle for as big as she is, compared to my two bp's. Once out of the cage she puts her head up and over my shoulder while the rest or her is wrapped down around my fore-arm, and thats pretty much it, just hangs out. As far as touching goes, I think she likes being rubbed directly on the head softly.
    shes only my third snake,right after my pair of bp's, I saved her from a terrible inviroment, the people who let me take her were terrified of the snake(go figure), from the moment i took her from the shoebox of a cage she was in it was love at first site and I new she needed better, I got her in a 48x18x18 for now, im planning on building a multi housed reptile center in my closet i'll have 8'x2'x4' to work with. There should end up being atleast 4 to five reptile enclosures.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    As you all know i just got my first pet boa (i've had 1 b4 but it was a rescue and i got rid of it)
    and I love it
    such a laid back snake and loves being out of its cage in fact when I go to put it back in it makes it as hard as possible
    right now its in a 1x6x2 hatchling shoebox rubbermaid
    i will be upgrading the rubbermaid in about a month when it out grows the one its in now
    all in all I love my boa and will definilty end up owning a few more some time down the road

I think my next addition is going to be a white lipped python
    I won't be getting a new snake for another couple of months maybe more
    but one things for sure I WILL BE GETTING ANOTHER
    Girlfriend: Your room smells like reptile!!!
    Me: Are you saying my balls smell??

Banned
    Thanks
    I don't own a boa, pythons are way cooler

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I have an amazon tree boa. I know it's arboreal, but HEY, he is a boa you know Garden phase male, 5'5" long, would eat my head if I let him; cool little guy.

Jennifer