Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,384

1 members and 2,383 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Well here is another girl I am working with. This girl is VERY light in color, and possibly some sort of axanthic. She is currently being bred with a Het ghost male, hopefully she will lay a nice clutch this year.
    Thanks,
    Jason

Thanks
    She does not look like axanthic...all the ones I have seen are more grey looking in the markings. I could be wrong..Kara would be the one to ask, she know bp's pretty well!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thats a really big looking female, she should give you quite a few healthy eggs. Good luck with her.

Thanks
    I did some picture finding for axanthic, and this is what I found.

I dont understand how this could be axanthic, unless it is het for axanthic.

This is what I know to be axanthic. As you can see, this is a beauty. They are expensive also. But in any case, one of these will be in my next purchases.

I guess we all "collect" different bp's for different reasons, mine is based on the love of the animal and its many looks, so I collect just for having that specific type that I have taken a liking to, not to breed. Mine are all much loved pets and will always continue to be so.

Thanks
    Jeanne, Axanthics are silver or grey and black as babies, but brown out as they age. That's why snows are getting more of a yellow/brown tint to them as they get older. I have never seen one yet that kept the stunning baby colors into adulthood.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Banned
    Thanks
    I have

Thanks
    Thanks and all replys are appreciated. I just want to say I am by no means calling this an axanthic, but I do think it "could" be something differant from a normal. It is true alot of axanthics brown out with age, but some, especially VPI's line, can make awesome silver and black adults. I think this animal looks alot like an adult Joliff strain of axanthic. They seem to have this kind of pattern. Also I am working with some Het VPI axanthics, so hopefully I will be able to compare this animal to a true axanthic soon!
    Jason

Banned
    Thanks
    I've heard many stories of axanthics coming from breeding two wc's in a farming facility and popping out some axanthics. How common is this?

I also saw a guy who is from Belgium or something FIND a wc axanthic in a pet shop of all places, and it was only 62$!!! It's an amazing axanthic as well, probly one of the better ones. In a few years there could be a new line out.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I saw that too $62 GEEZ did he get lucky! It was quite a spectacular specimen if you ask me....

Jennifer

Banned
    Thanks

If you love cats.....

I know, it was so silvery, definitely better then what is typically out there. It did have some scarring that was brownish, I thought maybe it was a fluke and lost hope that we may see a new line. But then he busts out some new pics and they'd healed. It was so nice I, and others, believd it to be the work of photoshop for a while. Some people luck out I guess.