Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,009

4 members and 3,005 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost bp!!

Thanks

Lost bp!!

Unlike most people who lose their bps I've literally searched like EVERYWHERE because the apartment/duplex is pretty much empty. There's 3 bedrooms 2 have no furniture. A sparsely filled closet no drawers. Living room w/ a couple side tables a couch and a fish tank. 2 bathrooms and a laundry room. Blame my brother (or thank him) for his empty place. I'm visiting him for spring break and am sleeping on the floor in one of the bedrooms. I had my bp out while I was reading some blogs and I guess I got too caught up and *forgot* about him. I think I left him 30 min, an hour tops. I usually do let him just roam about the empty room for a while for exercise and sometimes hes able to go to the hall or downstairs to the living room but has never made it too the kitchen or laundry room. I know it's irresponsible to let him go but hey I can't let him out really at my place and he's always easy to spot cuz the place is empty. Well last night while blog reading he ran (slithered) off and I CAN'T FIND HIM ANYWHERE. I've looked in every nook and cranny and left a mouse out on a plate last night. He's only 3ft long. The only places he could possibly be are outside (I highly doubt it since I've been paranoid about anyone leaving the door open and there's no crack underneath (yay weather stripping). Anyways, outside, behind the heater thing in laundry room idk I can't see EVERYWHERE under it because some bricks hold it up and are in the way, and inside the fridge like up the back or something? Is that even possible? Should I tip it and try and see? Wait and see if he appears? I only have 6 days before I have to leave:(. I think I've forever learned my lesson but do you guys have any advice or tips? Sorry for like the essay but Im super worried and sad about my snake, he's the only pet I can have and I'm really attatched like most owners :(

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    try checking the dryer vent and around the dryer. also check around all the appliances. if theres hardwood floors in the apt then sprinkle flour on them overnite and in the morning see if you see any snake tracks anywhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Leave out food, sprinkle flour, leave out a heat pad........

Thanks
    Goodluck finding him. I would also but a heat source in the room and wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Joe

1.0 100% Het. Albino
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Pinstripe
    1.0 Purple Albino Retic

Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    I really hope you find him Somewhere warm and dark is probably likely... I've got an electric blanket on my bed and I'm forever forgetting to turn it off. Pretzel seems to wander off up the bed, to the gap behind the headboard, curl up and nod off in the dark warm space... I'm sure he'll he alright Bound to come out sometime!
    1.Normal.MunchPretzel.Normal.1

((Cuteness?Off.The.Scale.))

Registered User Cameron Lamb Exotics's Avatar
    Thanks
    Check inside the back of any fridges also. Thats where my brother found his when it got out.

Thanks

Re: Lost bp!!

I haven't lost a snake yet and can't personally account for the effectiveness of this but it seems like it would work

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...highlight=trap

Good Luck

Thanks

My guy when he thinks I'm not looking always goes to the fridge! Warm and dark!

Thanks
    I really hope you find him soon.

Thanks

Thanks for the good wishes/ideas guys. I still haven't found him. The bottle idea looks really effective except I don't know which room he is in. I really think (or hope) that's he in the fridge. I'm afraid to move it and look cuz I don't wanna smash or squish him or anything. :/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast