Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,719

2 members and 2,717 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Escape story....

Ok. You have the opprotunity to get a captive bred Retic, Burm, or Afrock. You happen to have a spare room that you have been converting for just such an occassion, and your spouse says, "Sure, honey, I think a giant constrictor would be a wonderful addition to our family!" You only have room for one, so you have to pick one of the above three.
    Vote, and then post, with what you'd get and why.

I would get a Burm. I have never had a giant, and think it would be best to start with something that is not as active as a Retic or Afrock. Everything I have heard about them vs Burms says that Burms are more laid back, and are more likely to be content to just lay there, as opposed to always moving, like a retic. While I'm sure that an active baby retic is very endearing, an active 27 footer is not!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Everyones favorite daydream....

I'd get a burm because I think they are simply amazing animals. Not that the other 2 aren't, but I love the way a burm looks. And the ones I've had experiences with are nothing but giant ball pythons when it comes to tempermant.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    I keep 3 of the "big boys" - retics, burms & scrubs. Out of the three, retics are by far my favorite - one of the most intelligent snakes I have EVER worked with!

K

Banned
    Thanks
    Burms

Thanks
    Kara, doesn't that kinda scare you, having a intelligent giant constrictor? I guess that is what kind of puts me off from retics. I feel threatened by their intelligence! They are probably smarter than me!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks

Slaughter at the Plank house.....

Nope...that's why I like working with them!!! It's cool to look at a big retic & see it sort "figure things out." Some of the BIIIIIIIIIG, aggressive boys/girls (typically girls, they get bigger) can be sort of intimidating if you're not used to each one's personality and mannerisms, but all in all, they're a challenging & rewarding species to work with. I'd take a retic or scrub over a Burm or Afrock any day.

K
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks
    I guess with me it is a case of fear of the unknown. I have never held a retic, or even seen a live afrock or scrub. I'd probably fall in love if I did!
    I'll have to remedy that one of these days! The only live retic I've seen that was over 3' is the one in the Denver Zoo. I was fascinated by how active it was, though!
    Randy