Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,942

2 members and 2,940 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She's gone:(

Thanks

She's gone:(

Yesterday, one of my friends wanted to see my ball python do I took her out of her tank so she could see her and she kept stargazing and then flipping herself over and making her neck crooked and wouldn't move. So I hurried her to the vet and he thought it was neurological but treated it as a "ceptic" illness with antibiotics last night. She stayed over night and passed this morning she was the BEST and honestly I am not even kidding the sweetest little girl in the world I tried to help her but the vet said it was some genetic issues that couldn't be cured

Thanks
    Sorry to hear that...
    1.0 Boxer (Boba…@bobatheboxer on IG)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Blaming the leader of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their leader."
    ~unknown~
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    SUPPORT OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    I am very sorry for your loss, but really have to question your Vet's diagnosis. There was something else going on there.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Thanks
    I thought neurological or like she couldn't breathe. But I guess the bps here in town from petsmart have been having genetic issues..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    If it is a pet shop snake, I suspect contagion or disease long before genetic defect.

Pet shop snakes are notorious for having myriad diseases and most are contagious to a high degree.

I am very sorry you lost your baby, something like this is never easy, even if there is nothing you could do about it.

I suggest taking a little time to grieve for her, sterilize everything she came into contact with, and when you are ready, ask here to find a breeder local to you and get yourself a good, healthy baby to love.

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Re: She's gone:(

I am so sorry you lost her. Didn't you have a post before about her being sick? Honestly, I would never get one from a petsmart/Petco. After you greive and thoroughly clean everything, find a reputable breeder to get a healthy snake from. Again, sorry for your loss. You may also research and find a vet who specializes in herps and snakes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angllady2 View Post
    If it is a pet shop snake, I suspect contagion or disease long before genetic defect.

Pet shop snakes are notorious for having myriad diseases and most are contagious to a high degree.

I am very sorry you lost your baby, something like this is never easy, even if there is nothing you could do about it.

I suggest taking a little time to grieve for her, sterilize everything she came into contact with, and when you are ready, ask here to find a breeder local to you and get yourself a good, healthy baby to love.

Gale
    Thank you my best friend went and got me a new one to make me feel better but it's just not the same..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDooLittle View Post
    I am so sorry you lost her. Didn't you have a post before about her being sick? Honestly, I would never get one from a petsmart/Petco. After you greive and thoroughly clean everything, find a reputable breeder to get a healthy snake from. Again, sorry for your loss. You may also research and find a vet who specializes in herps and snakes.
    Yes I did

BPnet Veteran C&H Exotic Morphs's Avatar
    Thanks
    So sorry for your loss.
    I agree with others that it seems like there was something else going on. Have you thought about possibly having a nacropsy done?
    Also, take some time to grieve and then if you feel like you want to continue in the hobby sterilize everything really well and find a good local breeder to get a nice healthy animal from.
    Again sorry for your loss.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by C&H Exotic Morphs View Post
    So sorry for your loss.
    I agree with others that it seems like there was something else going on. Have you thought about possibly having a nacropsy done?
    Also, take some time to grieve and then if you feel like you want to continue in the hobby sterilize everything really well and find a good local breeder to get a nice healthy animal from.
    Again sorry for your loss.
    I called him because his message was kind of confusing. He said it was some kind of overwhelming bacterial disease that she's had since birth(which is where I got the genetics confused) and that she just didn't start showing symptoms until a few days ago. I am very upset but I sterilized everything thoroughly and she wasn't very healthy when I got her. Her scales weren't very laid against her body, it was like they were loose. She was underweight and started out with an RI which I got taken care of, but she just had other things going on that no one caught. He said it was nothing to do with my care it was just there when I got her. He was actually surprised I cared enough to take her to the vet because I guess most people don't. They just put them back in the tank because "it's just a snake". Nah. I loved her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast