Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,489

4 members and 3,485 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Feed or wait?

Thanks

Feed or wait?

As you all who have been reading my threads know, I just arrived at my mom's house for my spring break and took my snake with me. We will be here for nine days, back home next Sunday. She is not in her normal home, but a 17 qt travel tub I set up for her.

Because she is in a new environment and in an unfamiliar tub, I am wondering if I should even bother feeding her while we are gone or just wait til we get back home? I didn't bring any rats with me because I actually ran out last feeding and if I feed her this week, I was just going to pick up a frozen rat at the local pet shop. If I wait and feed her back at home, she will be 12 days without eating, which I know is not a travesty, but it will be MY choice, not HER choice, which I do not like. At the same time, for such a short trip in ball python meal terms, I just wonder if it would be easier for both of us to just skip a meal.

What are your opinions? Obviously, my number one concern is always what is best for my snake. Have any of you skipped a meal for reasons similar to this? Or should I offer food as normal, even in the temporarily altered environment?
    0.1 - Normal ball python, Zola

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts
    I would try to feed one time half way through your break. That way your BP has some time to settle in and then if your BP had a few days to digest before you have to go back.
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Serpent Merchant For This Useful Post:

Emily Hubbard (03-17-2012)